Thread: Reputation Explained

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reputation Explained

Since it was brought up recently and a lot of people don't really know how it works, I thought I would let you know and give some insight.

There is a reputation system on the website for giving positive and negative feedback to people. You have the ability to give rep bonus/subtraction to any post on the site, with a few limitations. 1. You only have so much rep you can give per day (24ish hours), 2. You have to spread around the rep to MANY different people before you can give it to someone again. (which I think is around 10-15 people). This number usually means you can give out your MAX rep in the day, and you won't be able to repeat rep for that person until the next day.

To give REP to someone, you click the little medallion in the bottom left corner of the post, below the posters information. When you hover your mouse over it, it will say "Add to XXXX's Reputation". If you click that you can leave positive or negative feedback for that post, and then once you leave feedback, you have to "spread it around" before you can leave it again. You should enter some text in the box to show the feedback you are giving them, as an explanation, and if you feel like it, also leave your username at the end of the description so that person knows who the rep is from, and hopefully, they can give you some in return.

Now, how to check your feedback. Click the "USERCP" link on the toolbar at the top of the forum. This will bring you to your overview page. It will list the latest 5 reputations and your total points. If it's Green it's positive. If it's Red it's negative. If it's Grey, then they didn't have any points to give to your feedback.

Wait points? Yup... The rep area of your name is really in two parts, a "Rep Power" and a "Reputation". The Rep Power is the number by your name, and this is the amount of points that you give to someone, or take away, per feeback. So, at the present time, I have a Rep Power of 15, and every time I leave feedback, I give 15 points, or remove half those points (negative rep takes away half of your rep power of points). All of the mods have 50 feedback points each, so their rep is even more valuable, plus they can leave rep as often as they like, without having to spread it around first. How do you get more points? Get a higher rep power for yourself and/or post more often. The rep power will increase with certain posting levels, and will also increase with addition to your own points. (The full breakdown is, 100 points of rep received, get one point, Each anniversary of your join date, 1 rep point, 1000 post, 1 rep point, this adds to your Rep Power. Each 100 points received also gains you a box after your REP.)

The Reputation boxes show up next to the Rep Power. This is your "level" of reputation. Currently the "leader" is Hoosier with 5 boxes next to his name, and so on down the list. The more points you get, the more boxes you have.

So what's the point of all this? Well, it's something nice to do to someone that is helpful to you, leads a good ride, gives you good information, etc. Negative feedback could be left for people that do stupid things, post negatively about somthing, or do something in a totally wrong manner. This gives their overall reputation on the site a boost or a drop, and for new members coming to the site, they can see if those people they are dealing with are positive or negative, and not just because they are post whoring and have a high post count.

So, when someone does something nice, or posts useful information, leave some positive feedback for them. If you feel completely wronged by something they did, then possibly negative feedback might be in order. If you want to leave feedback for someone that says to spread it around, you will need to give out feedback to others before you can give it to them again. If you REALLY, REALLY, need to leave feedback for someone because of something really nice, try hitting up a moderator to do it for you, as they give out 20 points at a time, and can do it as often as they want. Whether they do this or not is up to them, but it is a good way to give something back to someone who has helped you.

Just thought I would try and clear up this topic, since for some, it seems like magic the way it works.
    Last edited by Railing; 02-28-2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2003 R1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not just bump the original thread?

Quote Originally Posted by TRAVR6 View Post
    That is exactly WHY MEN SHOULD write advice columns. We fix the fixable problems. The other problems we just ignore.

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cause it's buried in the Welcome forum, and for those looking for it, they probably wont' find it in the welcome threads....

Here is Kick's original post.

http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com...read.php?t=324
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    02 GSXR 600, 07 GSXR 1K
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice explanation. I never understood it.
    Team HOMO
    Jeremy
    2002 GSXR 600-Track bike
    2007 GSXR 1000- Graves fender delete, Stompgrip,PP 2ct
    2000 mustang GT- Auto, cage, turbo

mmmmbort: Goal #3 drag knee so BlueR6 will stop calling me p*ssy.

Live dumb, ride 'tard

TRAVR6:
    I don't mind having a long term gf but it just seems everything changes when you say I do. Women instantly change after they know they have you by the balls

Bike
    2011 GSXR-750
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue R6 View Post
    Nice explanation. I never understood it.

I never "fully" understood it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reputation is gay.

Merry X-mas.
    Eric

Vice General for the Democratic People of Korea keg's Avatar
    Bike
    25cc russian communist moped
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use reputation for negative feedbacks.

Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just tried licking my balls but I kept falling off the couch.

Bike
    1988 GSX600F
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got 1/2 way thru & lost interest (I am so ADD); so I "+ reped" you for this...

Bike
    12 Ducati Multistrada
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many rep points is required for me to earn a free set of tires, or a free track day ?
    WERA Ex #696
    12 Ducati Multistrada S Touring

Bike
    I have too many to list
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I got 1/2 way thru & lost interest (I am so ADD); so I "+ reped" you for this...

And then you decided to whore up the thread?