Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashing....it sucks but what did you learn?

Spartan Leathers Sponsor DrummerDave's Avatar
    Bike
    99 SV650
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) Body positioning is important. Hard parts will only drag for so long before throwing you on your butt.

2) When you're riding at 10/10ths, there's no room for brain farts or blown lines.
    Spartan Premium Custom Leathers
    99 SV650 - Scorpion High-mount, Cyclecat Rearsets, 636 shock, upgraded forks, SS Brake lines, Gixxer dogleg and kickstand, Dominator Dual headlights, HIDs, ZX6RR Radial MC and Clutch controls, Chinese CNC levers, Bar end mirrors.

Bike
    2007 Honda 600RR, Gone.R1.GSXR.CB1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #1 Dont, hammer the gas on a cold day in front of your house on cold tires.

#2 Coming into hot and throwing it down an off ramp is not very cool.

#3 Ummm, dont try and follow Marty through Mitchel Hill..... I thought cause I had his pants on, I could ride like him, guess what, I couldnt........ Thats when I really learned, just lean it a bit farther. It will go.

2007 Honda 600RR / Will / CEO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1: My rookie season and made a rookie mistake. When the bend tightens up on you, put faith in you tires and push that inside grip. DO NOT target fixate on that outside guard rail.

#2: On the first ride of new season, don't go thinking you can immediately pick up where you left off the previous season. Everybody needs time to shake the rust off.

#3: No matter how honed your skills at stopping, going, and turning may be. An errant deer jumping out of nowhere can still ruin your day. Dress for the crash, not the ride.

Bike
    NIL for now.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 was going too fast on a road I didn't know. The dude in front of me was able to handle the surprise turn in question. I, sadly, was not.

#2 Got cocky, took the lead, and gunned the engine after a turn before realizing I had pointed the nose in the wrong direction. I can now proudly say that I flipped a bike end-over-end and then rode it home

#3 28 degrees outside, dark, and a nights worth of frost on the road. I learned to warm your tires in the above conditions before leaning the bike WHATSOEVER (Oh yea, and that Dunlops warm up slowly ).
    Rex: You are the Elvis and Tupac of LSBKS

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot one. WE HAVE THE BEST DAMN GROUP OF PEOPLE TO WRECK WITH! If you are going to go down, it's good to have people with you that can help you, and support you. I don't think that anyone who has gone down on a group ride has been alone, or had to deal with it by themselves, either during, or after the ride. The people here give of themselves, help haul a bike home, show up to help fix it back to be in shape, or continualy give support.

This is one of the things I learned...
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    NIL for now.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post
    I forgot one. WE HAVE THE BEST DAMN GROUP OF PEOPLE TO WRECK WITH! If you are going to go down, it's good to have people with you that can help you, and support you. I don't think that anyone who has gone down on a group ride has been alone, or had to deal with it by themselves, either during, or after the ride. The people here give of themselves, help haul a bike home, show up to help fix it back to be in shape, or continualy give support.

Ditto, when I flipped my SV Everyone was on me like white on rice Eric was right over head before my bike even settled and was asking me questions and then helped with my helmet. Kick and Jimmy even had my bike up and sitting aside before I even got up.

It was just the four of us and everyone did great.
    Rex: You are the Elvis and Tupac of LSBKS

AMA Superbike Champ bryanboonern's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda RC51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine is similar to Volcom's. Know the road. Be careful about accelerating coming out of a turn if there is another one up ahead. These bikes are fast and before you know it you can be going too fast for the curve up ahead.

2002 Honda RC51- Jardine Ti slip ons (street), Micron CF high mounts (track), Scotts Damper, PCIII USB, 15/42 gearing, speedo healer, shoes are Powers, Flapper Mod, Pair Mod, Soft Rev, Bladerunner Mod, Sato Knockoff rear sets

Bike
    02 GSXR 600, 07 GSXR 1K
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrailing View Post

Very true. Michael speaks from experience. He baby-sat my butt while B Mac got the truck. Thanks again man.
    Team HOMO
    Jeremy
    2002 GSXR 600-Track bike
    2007 GSXR 1000- Graves fender delete, Stompgrip,PP 2ct
    2000 mustang GT- Auto, cage, turbo

mmmmbort: Goal #3 drag knee so BlueR6 will stop calling me p*ssy.

Live dumb, ride 'tard

TRAVR6:
    I don't mind having a long term gf but it just seems everything changes when you say I do. Women instantly change after they know they have you by the balls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope i never have to post in this thread *knock on wood*
    Eric; 2008 CBR1000RR, candy red / silver, flapper mod, homemade undertail, -1 Driven front sprocket, Arrow carbon slip-on, 6000K HID kit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned it hurts more to fall down at 40 than it did at 20.
    Tony

'00 ZX-6
    Dress for the crash, not the ride. (Assuming you still have a ride.)