Thread: Kentucky Routes?

Bike
    2006 CBR 600rr. 1999 kawasaki zrx1100
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kentucky Routes?

Anyone have a good route, around 3 hours longs, doesn't have to be super curvy. Just nice roads with not a whole lot of traffic. Was trying to see if there's a recommended loop that would go through Bardstown, to green river, around to E-town, then back to Louisville. Wanted to get some recommendation before I just pick something off the ole Google Map and wish for the best. Thanks!

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typically haven't ridden that direction much, just to start off getting to Deal's Gap, but usually those first bit of roads aren't super twisty. Hopefully some other chime in, and if not, PM and I'll get those roads that I have ridden to you.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Kawasaki Z125 Pro
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, they straightened 31 out to bardstown. That's about as far as I've gone. Next we take 49, 527. But, thats not the direction you wanna go.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kentucky Routes?

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Yea, they straightened 31 out to bardstown. That's about as far as I've gone. Next we take 49, 527. But, thats not the direction you wanna go.
    That is the direction he wants to go.

Howie, get to bardstown however you prefer. Out of bardstown, take 49 (Beside McD's) which turns into 527, follow that through Raywick and Saloma until you come into Campbellsville. Stay straight through Campbellsville where 527 turns into 70. A few miles down you will make a left on 76, this road runs right next to green river, check out a map to find the best place to access the river. At a fast pace, this is about 45 mins out of bardstown, 1:00-1:15 if you are just cruising. I typically keep going from there to forbus or turn around and come back the same direction. If you want a different return route, you'll have to map it out yourself.
    Last edited by booger; 04-21-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks fellas. I'm going to give this a go. Riding with a buddy of mine. He's fairly new, so we're just getting out and cruising.

Bike
    2014 CBR600rr track/street
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Calimoto App (free) when I'm exploring new routes, just pick your destination, way points and the App calculates the route for you, you can set how far and what direction you want to go also. Very easy to do, way better than Google maps for me. Is a motorcycle planner App so it takes you on curvy roads the majority of the time.

Bike
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aren View Post
    I use the Calimoto App (free) when I'm exploring new routes, just pick your destination, way points and the App calculates the route for you, you can set how far and what direction you want to go also. Very easy to do, way better than Google maps for me. Is a motorcycle planner App so it takes you on curvy roads the majority of the time.
    That's pretty cool. I'll check it out. Thanks dude!