Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winter sucks......so what do you do??

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter sucks......so what do you do??

Things sure have slowed down here at LSB. Obviously winter has a lot to do with this. I despise winter with every cell in my body and had hope to move a bit south after my retirement. However the wife has a lot of family here in the area, so that will not be happening.

I love riding motorcycles, and would do it nearly every nice day if it did not land me in divorce court. So what is everyone doing through the winter to fill their time? Do you have other hobbies or things you do with the family?? Right now I am remodeling my house and trying to get to the fitness center at least four times a week.

What do you do?

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.....Ivan's ECU reflash, R&G frame sliders, MRA windscreen, Powerlet.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, Puig windscreen, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, Ivan's ECU reflash, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm chasing a 1 year old around the house, working on the house, recovering from knee surgery, and lately, been planning a vBulletin upgrade for LSB and a few changes to hopefully improve things around here
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    13 GSX-R750
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shoot guns at the range, work on projects and have surgery on my shoulder. 3 years in a row I've jacked my left one up late in the year, 2nd surgery coming up so that will keep me occupied with PT for a bit. Oh, and dream of warmer weather and being back at the track.
    Dave
    2013 GSX-R750 Racebike
    WERA #608, AMA #608, STT Southern Region Staff

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Kawasaki Z125 Pro
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually work 6 days a week, try to hit the gym 2-3/ week,plan meet n greets and complain a lot my wife says.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've worked 37 out the last 43 days...12 hour days...what's this winter you speak of? Who are you people? What day is it?
    Sam

2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
    2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2015 KTM Duke 390

Happily free of the burden of any discernable talent since 1965

"doctors say gear saved his life"

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave608 View Post
    Shoot guns at the range, work on projects and have surgery on my shoulder. 3 years in a row I've jacked my left one up late in the year, 2nd surgery coming up so that will keep me occupied with PT for a bit. Oh, and dream of warmer weather and being back at the track.
    I need to practice shooting as well. Not that big into guns but a big believer in gun ownership for protection, and my aim could be a heck of a lot better.

Good luck with the shoulder. And yes.....winter truly sucks when your passion is motorcycles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I usually work 6 days a week, try to hit the gym 2-3/ week,plan meet n greets and complain a lot my wife says.
    Good on ya for getting regular exercise!! I have been trying to focus my workouts on things that will help me manage getting older well and also benefit me when spending long days on the motorcycle. Doing more cardio and stretching than before. I don't care if I look old, just hate feeling old!!!

Hope to ride with you more in 2020.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.....Ivan's ECU reflash, R&G frame sliders, MRA windscreen, Powerlet.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, Puig windscreen, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, Ivan's ECU reflash, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

Bike
    2006 CBR 600rr. 1999 kawasaki zrx1100
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Winter time means winter sports. Waiting for some snow or cold weather so Paoli and Perfect north can start making some snow for some snowboarding!!! Also time to get some home improvements taken care of.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working on liquidating everything in the house so we can move to a smaller house. Hopefully by the time I am moved, winter is over. Better to do it now than during the fun months.

Also, a group of us normally make a trip up to French Lick indoor Karting once or twice through the winter to get some racing action in.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    Working on liquidating everything in the house so we can move to a smaller house. Hopefully by the time I am moved, winter is over. Better to do it now than during the fun months.

Also, a group of us normally make a trip up to French Lick indoor Karting once or twice through the winter to get some racing action in.
    Sounds like a good plan. We need to declutter after this remodel is completed. Should be done by the end of February.

Track Day addict in training Badblu67's Avatar
    Bike
    '03 R1, '07 R6
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work on my other projects that get ignored all summer. Oh, and find parts to resurrect the R6...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1439819461124.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	24990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R6-left-1 - small.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	24991
    Jeff

'03 Yamaha R1 - original owner
    '07 Yamaha R6 - Graves replica