Bike
    2009 FZ1, Kawasaki Z125 Pro
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My join date was Date
    07-01-2007
    It was so strange before I joined back in the stone age. we had ro call and leave messages on this device called a home phone and answering machine or individually text someone to meet up on a ride.I remember @donkey ; left my house and said he rode with a group of guys on a "forum'. Louisville-Sportbikes.com. He said look it up. I said what's that? He said look it up. You'll see. Some of the greatest, smartest guys and gals I've ever met. I know all of ya got my back if I ever needed you.

What's a memory you have??

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined up 5/14/2008. One of my employees at good ole UPS asked me to go ride, pretty sure I showed up in shorts, T-shirt and a helmet to ride half of the Forbus loop (stopped at Russell Springs). Nismo took off leaving sparks flying and I was young and impressed. He kept asking at work if I had joined the forum yet (Knowing I hadn't since he is a MOD). Finally I joined, started seeing stories of people wrecking wearing leathers and being ok. I started piecing together some gear, started with a leather jacket, then Ryan502 got bit by the dragon and sold me his leather suit. This website definitely made me a safer rider, but it also made me a riskier rider.

I remember spending hours on this forum harassing the newbies and giving them shit about their squid ways. Balbers and HooliganCustoms to name the 2 main ones.....Hooligan for good reasons but Balbers managed to take the hazing and ended up around for a bit. Don't think he rides anymore. I used to click *New Post* every 10 mins or so and there would be 10 new threads pop up, some with 1 new post, some with 20. This place used to be super active when I first joined.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I joined in the middle of June 2007. I was hunting for a motorcycle (my first), and after visiting all the local shops, I was buying a Ducati Monster... Then I was talked in to buying an SV650 as my first, ride it a year or two, then upgrade. So browsing the SV650 forums, I came across some amazing drawings by Hoosier, the Hand Signals. I looked him up, found out about LSB, and joined a week or so before taking ownership of my first bike.

Almost immediately I was welcomed, everyone was helpful. I met up for my first ride just 5 days after buying the bike, and had a blast. Everyone was asking why I hadn't said I was coming to Hoosier 4th of July party, and I said I was sure if I was welcomed. Hoosier met me and took me through the knobs, and showed me where he lived. I came out to the 4th party, met Cheetah (formally 'THE' KentuckyKid), Hoosier, VFRLuke, Nismo, Kick, etc.). Felt welcomed and honestly like I had known everyone for years.

From then on I rode everywhere. 3000 miles in the first month, 8000 miles by the time I went to Deal's Gap with Marty and Boog, 9000 miles by the time I returned from that trip, even with a month off to heal my knee from wrecking on 421. Track days the following years, and all around, here with my family.

Hard to imagine it's been 12 years on LSB, meeting my wife, having a daughter, and still many of the same smiling faces I met that first couple of weeks.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My join date is 10-14-06, although it was actually earlier. When Kick switched the site over to vBulletin (I forget what it originally ran on), post counts were adjusted, but join dates couldn't be. Not that it really matters. Just something I remember from the early days.

I was fairly new to riding at the time I bought my first (and only) bike, a ZX-6E, in 2003. I had ridden before, but hadn't had my own bike before that. I knew zero about sportbikes, just knew I wanted one. Bought the bike, took a safety course, started buying gear and looking for people to ride with. (How did people do that before the internet? Lol)

I was invited to join LSBK by Kick. We were both members of another local bike board at the time. He wanted to do something different and started his own board.

Met a lot of good people here. Had a lot of good rides.

Sold my bike on a whim in '09, with the intent of getting another one. That still hasn't happened. Honestly don't know if it ever will, but I can't bring myself to drop the endorsement from my license.
    Tony

'00 ZX-6
    Dress for the crash, not the ride. (Assuming you still have a ride.)

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasnt in the market for a sport bike.
    Just walking through C&C Shepherdsville after work & walked up on Special K’s old bike.,
    Walked away from it several times & texted a pic to my wife.
    Much to my surprise she told me to buy it.
    Yup, i picked it up in cargo shorts, short sleeve shirt, & tennis shoes.

Working in the OR with Doc, he told me about the site. Talked me into buying a pair of boots so he wouldnt have to amputate my foot if it ever got caught in the chain.

That was 2013.

I still have the bike. Soccer keeps me away from her, although my kids are ready for a track day @ NCM.

Bike
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sept 9, 2006. Wow coming up on 13 years.

I had just had a death a year before I was dealing with and I found this group. You mfers don't know what you saved me from. I was pretty low.

I remember the 1st ride was the usual crashfest but I kept coming back. Lead a few rides. Taught a few people how to ride better or at least helped with their confidence.

Thrown a few insults but only to those I like.

Hell of a ride.
    Sam

2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
    2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2015 KTM Duke 390

Happily free of the burden of any discernable talent since 1965

"doctors say gear saved his life"

Bike
    A garage full
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first memory was meeting up at the old A&W on Dixie Highway to head down to Skyview for a photo shoot. It was my first real outing on my first bike, a 1994 FZR600. I didn't know any of you! But you all were very inviting and insisted I show up. There were the fast guys I seem to recall up front doing all the cool knee dragging, I remember Kick and Korff (?) showing off. I remember Odile, and Hideout, but only because he had a green track bike with no kick stand. MissAngelKY was there handing out water. When I finally had the nerve to take my first run, I did so with the slower group but all I remember is Kayla there with me. I was a newb! Somewhere I have a picture. Wearing jeans and dickie boots! And I can't be sure but it may have been this time that the cops were called and showed up and we all had to bail!
    Sherry

Bike
    2014 CBR600rr track/street
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joined in 2013, I pretty much knew nothing about motorcycles, but always wanted one. A few of my friends and coworkers were riding around this time so I bought a ninja 250r as my starter bike. Rode it for about 3 months and upgraded to a 900rr Then I met @VFRLuke ; we were coworkers at the time and became good friends, he told me about LSB Forum, went for an Indiana loop and met a few of you, I was slow (still slow) shy and didn't have much riding experience but it was a fun ride. Then everyone started talking about trackdays ,about how much you learn doing them, decided to go to Putnam and it was awesome, I'm still doing some trackdays now and then .I don't ride on the street much anymore, two kids and working 3rd shift keeping me busy right now, still hoping I can find more time to ride.
    PS I now work with Brian Groves @Hoosier
    Last edited by aren; 08-15-2019 at 01:43 AM.

Once hung out with Munky The Midget's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-18-08 I had just gotten a divorce and celebrated with buying my first bike. A R6 then a coworker EWS told me about this site. My first meet up was a month or so later on an I-loop. I already knew the Old Man from work and meet up with some guys at R&D to head over to Texas Roadhouse. That's when I started to get to know people then broke my ankle of an F-loop. The good old days made a lot of memories and we grew from crashes every week to great riding. Some of my best friends are from being apart of this group. Even met my wife on a newbie ride. I hope this site continues to grow and bring in new faces.

I'm not slow just conservative.

Bike
    1978 CX500, 2013 CBR600rr
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-29-16

I was in a budding relationship with Miss Blondie. Who i married by the way. She knew some people who ride. Our relationship started by me seeing her changing her oil one day and I stupidly said hey I'll give you 3 grand for your motorcycle. She laughed me out of her mind. Guess I did something right. Well fast forward a few years and I was building my CX500. Well I wanted to go fast again so I found a R6 in OH. We had just started dating and since she had a truck she went with me to get my first go fast bike in a long while. Then we went riding one time with Matt, Melissa and Marty. First time I met Marty. Good lord was he fast. I was hooked. She told me to join this group which she had been a part of for a long time. Jump another few months I did my first ride with LSB. Marty, Gordon, and unpredictable(don't remember your real name). We did an I-loop, I crashed, got too big for my britches. made it home ok. Well started doing more group rides, and got better with the help of some faster riders. I'm still slow but have made some awesome friends. Come to find out the degrees of separation is much smaller that I originally thought.

That's my story.