Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NCM w/ MTD August 24/25th

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start water loading now, its going to be hot.
    I sure hope to get a track day in with yall in the fall.

Weekend Warrior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    Start water loading now, its going to be hot.
    I sure hope to get a track day in with yall in the fall.
    Good idea....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    S 1000 RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "KEEPING MOTORCYCLISTS SAFE ON A RACE TRACK" | Track Tuesday at NCM Motorsports Park
    Click to view: "KEEPING MOTORCYCLISTS SAFE ON A RACE TRACK" | About three minutes.
    "Still free to taste danger."

Bike
    1978 CX500, 2013 CBR600rr
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well for the report. I had an absolute blast at NCM! popped that cherry. It was a bit of a learning curve for me to say the least. My first lap out, I was behind possibly the slowest rider ever, and I didn't get around him till turn 4 (because I'm a rule follower and you're not supposed to pass the first lap)(Well @maximumjeff, said I could break the rules if I had a good reason) by that time the coach and other riders in the group had already blitzed me. So I was flying blind for my first lap there. And boy was that rough, I had no clue where to be! And a few corners came up on me with a quickness and I had a few oh crap moments :/. After a few sessions I settled in, and found my groove, especially after a coach told me to follow him he obviously saw I needed help with the lines.

I was supposed to side the second day also, but I have an oil leak somewhere on the track bike, so I brought it home to keep me and everyone else safe out there. I initially thought it was a coolant issue, so put a Gatorade bottle in there and rode the last session thinking that was going to solve the issue, but when I came back to the pits, there was still fluid and figured out it was oil. So today will be spent trying to figure out where the leak is coming from so I can get back on track as soon as possible.

Bike
    S 1000 RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamKY View Post
    "KEEPING MOTORCYCLISTS SAFE ON A RACE TRACK" | Track Tuesday at NCM Motorsports Park
    Click to view: "KEEPING MOTORCYCLISTS SAFE ON A RACE TRACK" | About three minutes.
    Drum roll please... The totals are in from Midwest Track Day's annual Chili Cook-Off Air Fence Fundraiser, and we're happy to announce that $44,000 has been raised to purchase more life-saving air fence!

(*Disclaimer* The photo below shows just how important air fence is as this was taken shortly after an impact on Sunday afternoon.)

https://scontent.flex1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ca&oe=5E06CEE6
    "Still free to taste danger."

Bike
    2003 R1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kudos! $44k is no joke...

Quote Originally Posted by AdamKY View Post
    Drum roll please... The totals are in from Midwest Track Day's annual Chili Cook-Off Air Fence Fundraiser, and we're happy to announce that $44,000 has been raised to purchase more life-saving air fence!

(*Disclaimer* The photo below shows just how important air fence is as this was taken shortly after an impact on Sunday afternoon.)

https://scontent.flex1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...ca&oe=5E06CEE6
    Ben

2003 R1

Bike
    Street Triple R, SV650, KLX250sf, TTR125LE
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Well for the report. I had an absolute blast at NCM! popped that cherry. It was a bit of a learning curve for me to say the least. My first lap out, I was behind possibly the slowest rider ever, and I didn't get around him till turn 4 (because I'm a rule follower and you're not supposed to pass the first lap)(Well @maximumjeff, said I could break the rules if I had a good reason) by that time the coach and other riders in the group had already blitzed me. So I was flying blind for my first lap there. And boy was that rough, I had no clue where to be! And a few corners came up on me with a quickness and I had a few oh crap moments :/. After a few sessions I settled in, and found my groove, especially after a coach told me to follow him he obviously saw I needed help with the lines.

I was supposed to side the second day also, but I have an oil leak somewhere on the track bike, so I brought it home to keep me and everyone else safe out there. I initially thought it was a coolant issue, so put a Gatorade bottle in there and rode the last session thinking that was going to solve the issue, but when I came back to the pits, there was still fluid and figured out it was oil. So today will be spent trying to figure out where the leak is coming from so I can get back on track as soon as possible.
    Awesome to see you there! Don't be shy about grabbing a coach for a tow or some one on one training, it's what they are there for!
    I hope you sort out your bike so you can get back on track soon!

$44k worth of squishy stuff to crash in to! Yay!
    april
    my SV makes me smile
    My Street Triple makes me squee!