Thread: Q3+ vs. Michelin Power RS

Bike
    2003 titanium and black CBR954RR
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Q3+ vs. Michelin Power RS

anyone ran both and can give me a comparison?

ill be buying a set in spring. ive been running the q3. havent tried the q3+ yet, but was considering the power rs's. thought id ask about them first.

hows the mileage, profile etc??

"love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle." -Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    2015 1290 Superduke
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love the Q3 but if you're not doing track days the current best street Super Sport tire out right now is the S21 before mileage rain and just rideability at a normal sport pace

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good friend of mine has tried both the tires you are considering and he preferred the Q3 Plus for it's better feel and feedback. I think the mileage was about the same. You can not go wrong with either tire as they will both perform very well.

I tried a set of the Pirelli Rosso Corsa II this year, ( not to be confused with the Pirelli Rosso ) and was very impressed!! Probably the best performing tire I have ever run on the street. Fast turn in and ridiculous grip. They inspire a lot of confidence. I have only put about 700 miles on them and my one concern is wear......they are pretty soft. And they cost about 50 buck more a set than the Q3 Plus which all things considered is really hard to beat if you want a good performance tire for the street.
    Last edited by Johnmark101; 11-03-2018 at 09:04 AM.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, reflashed ECU, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 Kawasaki ZX6R.....Puig screen, R&G frame sliders and fork protectors, GB Racing engine case covers, Carrozzeria forged wheels.

Bike
    2007 zx6r, 2006 gsxr 600, 2006 gsxr 750, 2006 FZ1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't ridden on the Power RS. I just switched from PP3's to q3/q3+/q4 and I'm never going back to Michelin. Dunlop has significantly boosted my confidence and enjoyment of the sport.
    The cyclist formerly known as Kleaving.....

Bike
    2006 FZ1, 2012 YAMAHA R1, 2016 YAMAHA R1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second the q3+ I absolutely love them. The feel just right for me.

Bike
    2003 titanium and black CBR954RR
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    word. ill just stick with dunlop. just wanted to be sure i wasnt missing out on something special with the rs's.
    "love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle." -Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    Huffy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always loved Michelins but after riding on my stock Dunlop Sportmax D214 , Iím thinking about trying some stickier Dunlops.

What kind on mileage do you get out of the Q3/Q3+??
    Jesse MF Bass
    "POP A WHEELIE!"

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMFB View Post
    I have always loved Michelins but after riding on my stock Dunlop Sportmax D214 , I’m thinking about trying some stickier Dunlops.

What kind on mileage do you get out of the Q3/Q3+??
    Depends on your riding style. I got 3000 out of my Q3's, haven't really done much with the Q3+ yet.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

MSF Student
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve had the Q3 (not plus) and currently have power RS. I donít have any complaints about either tire. Maybe because Iím not the fastest guy out there

Both tires felt great on the track and the street. The Q3 had lots of center tread left , but after 2 track days was getting close to the wear bar on the sides. The RSís still got plenty for another track day at least after one day at NCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Getter View Post
    Iíve had the Q3 (not plus) and currently have power RS. I donít have any complaints about either tire. Maybe because Iím not the fastest guy out there

Both tires felt great on the track and the street. The Q3 had lots of center tread left , but after 2 track days was getting close to the wear bar on the sides. The RSís still got plenty for another track day at least after one day at NCM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Iíve had three sets of Q3+ís and one set of the Michelin power pilots,
    I have noticed better wear (life) with the Michelin but I have never slipped on my Q3+.
    So I currently have a set of Q3+ís on my bike one my michlines are holding basketballs.

U can have my michliníd if u want them. They probably have 80% life left.
    I .org orgionally switched to avoid any issues with the California super bike school. But the school ismt a track day & in hindsight I didnít need to spend $500. After installation.
    120/70 and 190/55. I think 17.