Thread: Phone mount

Bike
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phone mount

Does anyone have any good suggestion for some kind of phone mount on the bike? I would like something that I could look down and see my phone rather than have it stay in my pocket, mainly for GPS and such. Most of what I find online looks like they mount to a bicycle handbar (round bar) and I don't think this will work on my CBR1000 since I don't have that much room on one of my clip-ons. Is there anyone to mount to the top of triple-tree or windshield? (Sorry, just brain-storming)
    Stay thirsty my friends

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpost01 View Post
    Does anyone have any good suggestion for some kind of phone mount on the bike? I would like something that I could look down and see my phone rather than have it stay in my pocket, mainly for GPS and such. Most of what I find online looks like they mount to a bicycle handbar (round bar) and I don't think this will work on my CBR1000 since I don't have that much room on one of my clip-ons. Is there anyone to mount to the top of triple-tree or windshield? (Sorry, just brain-storming)
    In the front of cycle gear on hurstborn rd they have Ram mount phone holders.
    Some clamp onto your bars and some go into the hole between your bars.
    I like it.
    You can also buy it off amazon.

Ok, haters you can begin bitching at me for having a phone in sight in 3,2,1
    Last edited by B-Rad; 04-27-2018 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Spelling

Bike
    2006 FZ1, 2012 YAMAHA R1, 2016 YAMAHA R1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the ram mount and love it. Have used on all my bikes without fail. Sturdy doesn’t bounce and holds up to high speeds! A+ in my book. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3375.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	156.0 KB 
ID:	24961

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    2003 titanium and black CBR954RR
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the ram mount is kind of the gold standard. ive heard a story or two of liberated phones when not using the safety tether, although i know a lot of people skip it.
    "love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle." -Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But what does it mount to?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Stay thirsty my friends

Bike
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpost01 View Post
    But what does it mount to?

the black cap on the steering stem pops off and the ram mount goes in the hole. the black plastic there is just a kind of plug easily removed. then the ram mount has a tightening mechanism that sort of swells as it tightened, allowing for a secure hold down inside the hole going through the steering stem.

alternatively, they make several types of bar mounts that fit on your clip-on. and suction cup styles. steering stem is optimal imo.

they make two sizes for phones, so youll need to get the one suitable for your paticular phones size.

https://www.rammount.com/products/x-grip#phone-holders
    Last edited by 954kevin; 04-28-2018 at 10:26 AM.
    "love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle." -Hunter S. Thompson

Bike
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 954kevin View Post
    the black cap on the steering stem pops off and the ram mount goes in the hole. the black plastic there is just a kind of plug easily removed. then the ram mount has a tightening mechanism that sort of swells as it tightened, allowing for a secure hold down inside the hole going through the steering stem. alternatively, they make one that clamps on the clip-on bar. looks like with minimal adjustment of your clutch perch itd have enough room.
    I am guessing that is the style mount that oneg808 has on his, the one that sells in the hole? I was wondering how that was mounted.

Stay thirsty my friends

Bike
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, i did a little editing on my original reply. but yes, thats the style he has. if you go to the site you can get a look at that particular mount and the others they offer. once you get a look at it itll be clearer. once you see the one you like id probably hop on amazon with the model number n just order there. specially if youre a prime member.

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the ram mount on my drz handle bars but my cbr has the electronic steering damper and no room on clip ons so I have yet to find a secure way to mount on that bike.

Bike
    2008 Honda CBR1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalo626 View Post
    I have the ram mount on my drz handle bars but my cbr has the electronic steering damper and no room on clip ons so I have yet to find a secure way to mount on that bike.

I saw on the ram mount site that they have some mounts that attach to your gas tank

Stay thirsty my friends