Thread: Spacer

Bike
    2007 1000RR Current; 2006 1000RR (RIP)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spacer

Could anyone make a cylindrical spacer 9mm long with internal diameter of about 21mm and external of 25mm? If there is someone that can do it cheap I will get exact dimensions. Itís to shim the rear of my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    13 GSX-R750
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GSXR spacer? I'll look to see if I have any around. I assume stock shock and shooting for 324 installed length. You have fork extenders so you can raise the front?
    Dave
    2013 GSX-R750 Racebike
    WERA #608, AMA #608, STT Southern Region Staff

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

Bike
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave608 View Post
    GSXR spacer? I'll look to see if I have any around. I assume stock shock and shooting for 324 installed length. You have fork extenders so you can raise the front?
    Yes, stock shock and I read 9mm in additional hight was ideal. Idk overall hight. Truth about the front is I have it -5mm into the triples no extenders. Got a set of those around? Thanks in advance.

Bike
    13 GSX-R750
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be tomorrow before I am in the shop to check on the spacer. Stock shock should be 315mm eye to eye so +9 does put it right in the middle of what most people ran on that generation bike. However if you don't have fork extenders do not go that high, trail will be reduced to the extent it will easily tuck the front, -5 is not enough. If memory serves me you need more like the equivalent of -20mm in the front. I'm working from memory here but if I'm correct with the bike on a pin style front stand so the wheel was hanging you should be at about 535mm measured from the top edge of the lower triple clamp to the center of the axle, curious what your current measurement is. And no, I don't have any extenders. Be aware they are different, a set made for Ohlins cartridges will not work on stock internals, etc.
    Dave
    2013 GSX-R750 Racebike

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

Bike
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spacer

Quote Originally Posted by Dave608 View Post
    It will be tomorrow before I am in the shop to check on the spacer. Stock shock should be 315mm eye to eye so +9 does put it right in the middle of what most people ran on that generation bike. However if you don't have fork extenders do not go that high, trail will be reduced to the extent it will easily tuck the front, -5 is not enough. If memory serves me you need more like the equivalent of -20mm in the front. I'm working from memory here but if I'm correct with the bike on a pin style front stand so the wheel was hanging you should be at about 535mm measured from the top edge of the lower triple clamp to the center of the axle, curious what your current measurement is. And no, I don't have any extenders. Be aware they are different, a set made for Ohlins cartridges will not work on stock internals, etc.
    -5 into the upper triple is about 12mm total taking into account stock hight is about 7 above. So, -12mm total. I measured and Iím at 526 mm from upper edge of rear triple to center for the axle.

Bike
    13 GSX-R750
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked and I no longer have them, I probably gave them to someone a couple of years ago and forgot about it. Sorry

Traxxion does sell shim kits that let you stack for different heights up to 9mm up to 20mm diameter

http://traxxion.com/product/ride-height-shim-kit-20mm/
    Dave
    2013 GSX-R750 Racebike