Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dyno

  1. #1
    Daily Commuter Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    33
    Location
    Bardstown
    Bike
    2016 S1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Dyno

    Looking for a recommended (proven) tuner for my s1000rr. Help correct AFR along with Brentune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    MotoGP Legend Slimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,030
    Location
    Coxs Creek/Bardstown
    Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    26
    I don't know his name, but the guy at Honda of Louisville is who everyone uses. (I think) I know this is very vague info, but just know, someone will chime in with his info haha.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

    People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

  3. #3
    World SBK Champ Dave608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,930
    Location
    Waddy, KY
    Bike
    13 GSX-R750
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19
    Depends on what you need, did you just send the ECU off for a flash and now need tuning using a power commander or do you have a flashing setup and want it tuned? Locally Chad Wells at Commonwealth Motorcycles is the best I've run across but I don't know about the Brentune you mentioned. You would need to call and talk to him about your needs to see what he can do depending on what you have, etc. He has experience with a lot of other flashing tools including Woolich, TuneBoy, TuneECU, etc including some specialty stuff for stand alone units.
    Dave
    2013 GSX-R750 Racebike
    WERA #608, AMA #608, STT Southern Region Staff

    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

  4. #4
    Daily Commuter Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    33
    Location
    Bardstown
    Bike
    2016 S1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave608 View Post
    Depends on what you need, did you just send the ECU off for a flash and now need tuning using a power commander or do you have a flashing setup and want it tuned? Locally Chad Wells at Commonwealth Motorcycles is the best I've run across but I don't know about the Brentune you mentioned. You would need to call and talk to him about your needs to see what he can do depending on what you have, etc. He has experience with a lot of other flashing tools including Woolich, TuneBoy, TuneECU, etc including some specialty stuff for stand alone units.
    Thanks, my ecu is already flashed and I have a base map on my PCV, I just want to fine tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Deals Gap Junkie booger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,798
    Location
    Sellersburg,IN.
    Bike
    2009 FZ1, Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    Looking for a recommended (proven) tuner for my s1000rr. Help correct AFR along with Brentune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Commonwealth in downtown Louisville. See Chad Wells.


    _______
    DOUG

  6. #6
    World SBK Champ Dave608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,930
    Location
    Waddy, KY
    Bike
    13 GSX-R750
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Trice View Post
    Thanks, my ecu is already flashed and I have a base map on my PCV, I just want to fine tune.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He can definitely help you then and I highly recommend him. He is very thorough in his tuning and has tons of experience.

    http://www.commoto.com/

    Call 502-568-2666 and ask for Chad
    Dave
    2013 GSX-R750 Racebike
    WERA #608, AMA #608, STT Southern Region Staff

    Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity

  7. #7
    World SBK Champ kleavage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,007
    Location
    New Albany
    Bike
    2007 zx6r, 2006 gsxr 600, 2006 gsxr 750, 2006 FZ1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12
    I sent my ecu off for tuning and it was terrible. I had Chad Wells tune my ecu so I could ditch the power commander and it runs way better!
    The cyclist formerly known as Kleaving.....

  8. #8
    Daily Commuter Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    33
    Location
    Bardstown
    Bike
    2016 S1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kleavage View Post
    I sent my ecu off for tuning and it was terrible. I had Chad Wells tune my ecu so I could ditch the power commander and it runs way better!
    Unfortunately you canít tune the ecu on my bike, itís mail order only since it has to be opened up and basically hacked. Gen 3 S1000rr lock people out of the ecu so no more hand tools could be used. I have a current flash Iíve been running for a year through Bren and itís amazing. Iím sending it in again for their current flash that unlocks my fuel tables etc. The piggyback is to fine tune my AFRís. Ive spoken with Chad he seems like a good dude. Once everything get back in and together Iíll give an update. Thanks for the help guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Weekend Warrior McLovin''s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    76
    Location
    Middletown
    Bike
    1978 CX500, 2013 CBR600rr
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3
    I recently had my 2013 CBR 600RR tuned by chad at commonwealth. The price he quoted me, I think, was 150 an hours for dyno time. For reference I have a bazzaz unit installed, and because of that I didn't have the ECU flashed. I gained a little bit of horse power, and gained a little bit more torque. But the biggest difference was how smooth the power delivery/throttle response(actual), and on paper looking at the AFR and how smooth and even it was throughout. It is extremely noticeable in low gear low rpm, much less jerky resposne when trying to get back on the throttle, midrange feels a bit better also- haven't really been on a good ride to test out the full ranges.

    I'm sure you have done so, but in case you haven't I'd get the secondary block offs and put them on yourself, I estimated it saved me between 150-300 doing it myself, depending on how extensive it is to get to them. <-- just my 2 cents on that last part.

  10. #10
    Daily Commuter Trice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    33
    Location
    Bardstown
    Bike
    2016 S1000RR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    I recently had my 2013 CBR 600RR tuned by chad at commonwealth. The price he quoted me, I think, was 150 an hours for dyno time. For reference I have a bazzaz unit installed, and because of that I didn't have the ECU flashed. I gained a little bit of horse power, and gained a little bit more torque. But the biggest difference was how smooth the power delivery/throttle response(actual), and on paper looking at the AFR and how smooth and even it was throughout. It is extremely noticeable in low gear low rpm, much less jerky resposne when trying to get back on the throttle, midrange feels a bit better also- haven't really been on a good ride to test out the full ranges.

    I'm sure you have done so, but in case you haven't I'd get the secondary block offs and put them on yourself, I estimated it saved me between 150-300 doing it myself, depending on how extensive it is to get to them. <-- just my 2 cents on that last part.
    Iím not running the PAIR valve block because I like the decel flame and pop on my s1k, plus Iím running a full exhaust so itís not beneficial except for temporary dyno AFR reading. With my auto tune Bren said like most itís a waste.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •