Thread: It's getting close

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's getting close

That time of year is getting close here in about 1-2 months where we'll get a break from the weather. @donkey @Ride Red ; and myself may plan rides.
    What i'm saying is to slow down , check the roads. pot holes, brine and sand are gonna be out. Some of the Spring rains will take care of that and I know some of you won't even take a chance on your baby's getting dirty, wet or slipping in some sand etc. Some may not make it out til about June. So just a thought I had to today as I saw a couple pot holes, it's a good time to think when you see a crater try some counter steering.... push on the right or left handle bar depending on what is safer at the time and avoid a dented rim, chipped tooth or worse.
    Photobucket

Cant get enough of those crooked roads.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll see you guys in May
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    2015 1290 Superduke
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i remember doing a 75 degree late February ride down near Springfield a few years ago. i was "chasing" Sherry and there was still so much salt on the road she was trowing a white rooster tail off the rear tire.....

Just take it easy until it warms up and the rain come and clean the roads off. Then watch out for all the crap the rains wash into the road.

Also cagers tend to forget what a motorcycle is over the winter.
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spring arrives and not only are the roads still a bit messy, but the riders can also be a bit rusty. Good to take it easy for a few rides until the road debris as well as the rider cobwebs clear.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, reflashed ECU, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 Kawasaki ZX6R.....Puig screen, R&G frame sliders and fork protectors, GB Racing engine case covers, Carrozzeria forged wheels.