Once hung out with Munky The Midget's Avatar
    Bike
    XR50 "track bike"
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZR7 View Post
    Sam, Iím closer to him and Iíll be happy to slap the shit out of him for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You just want the Ducati for yourself.

I'm not slow just conservative.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget View Post
    You just want the Ducati for yourself.
    Iíd take it out for some exercise if Sam wanted me to, just as I would for the fur babies. I am a caregiver for the animals or a sweet ass Italian moto-beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
    ZX10 / KTM525SX
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel a bit bad that I've been off the site for extended periods of time, but I try to bounce in here now and then. I did know about your recent operation and situation from facebook. I get your aprehension and you have the winter to give it a good think it over. I've now been riding on the street for over 40 years now (passed that this September, so I can tout it officially)... I've had ups and downs over that time with my level of love for motorcycles.

I was kind of in a lower motivational state about 8 years ago, with a marginal street bike and an under used dirt bike and realized that being competitive in something, anything is needed to give you something to strive to improve for - and that I love riding motorcycles. Not necessarily against others, but more against yourself. I really have to give credit to this site for fostering my interest in sport bikes again. I always in my mind figured I wouldn't be able to ride/race dirt bikes as I got older and would possibly move to road racing at some point. It seemed that it was a dream that had been extinguished, but then came the track days and it scratches that itch quite nicely, and I am still quite motivated to keep pressing on in that arena.

I guess one thing I can say is that I've always had a pair of riding boots and a helmet and at least one motorcylce since 1977 and there probably will be at least one until the day I die or become completely incapacitated. Even if I don't ride, I like to work on them and just hear them rev after I've fixed them. I've done stupid stuff over the years that I look back at with embarrassment and still do marginally stupid stuff today because of the inner child. Living out in the country means that a ride on the bike usually ends up tweaking the adrenaline glands on the way in or home - AND I LOVE THAT SHIT - stokes the soul...

The bottom line is that there is danger in life and to take no risks is not human. You are a competent and knowledgeable rider that knows the dangers and how far you are pressing them. You are probably a more mature rider than me, in that I tend to get drawn into speed contests and that is a real discipline. But I also know that there are times that I went out specifically to ride well under my potential turning out laps on the dirt bike and discovered something that I missed by trying to go fast - and there was great reward in that, so that fact can't be denied. The bottom line is we all love these magnificent machines and giving them up should involve clawing and kicking and potentially some screaming...

best wishes to you Sam - Merry Christmas to you and your family
    Last edited by Oldscool; 12-12-2017 at 02:45 AM.

----"I don't bounce as high as I used to, but I still slide just as far"----