Thread: Nov. 5th 2017 LSB EOS ride! ** **

Once hung out with Munky The Midget's Avatar
    Bike
    XR50 "track bike"
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought I would be on a LSB ride with a guy stunting and wearing a large animal head riding like an idiot. This group use to be all about fun and safety not wheelies through downtown Louisville and New Albany. I was glad I went to the meet up and got to see some old faces. 2 minutes into the ride reminded me why I do not do large group rides any more. I was going to post the video but decided against uploading something that shows such a negative reputation of what this group is or at least what it use to be.

I'm not slow just conservative.

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget View Post
    Never thought I would be on a LSB ride with a guy stunting and wearing a large animal head riding like an idiot. This group use to be all about fun and safety not wheelies through downtown Louisville and New Albany. I was glad I went to the meet up and got to see some old faces. 2 minutes into the ride reminded me why I do not do large group rides any more. I was going to post the video but decided against uploading something that shows such a negative reputation of what this group is or at least what it use to be.
    We get some bad apples Some time. They usually disappear soon. It happens anywhere you go, school, work. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Photobucket

Cant get enough of those crooked roads.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    We get some bad apples Some time. They usually disappear soon. It happens anywhere you go, school, work. Etc.

Very true. One of my first rides... a guy showed up with a helmet that was probably 20 years old (he wore it because his friend said we were sticklers for helmets). His bike was crap, his front brakes didn't work, like zero, just his rear brake, he was in a cut off t-shirt and jeans. I think he had on gloves.

I was wondering why I was riding with this group... Then I witnessed the help and support others gave, the guidance, the willingness to help when needed, and at it's core this group really is a bunch of friends. We get people that need some help, that need some direction so they don't get themselves hurt. I am sure all of us were "young and dumb", did things we thought were absolutely awesome, and looking back... we shake our heads. I know I do that with myself often. We've been called "Know it all Stormtruppers" (sic), we've been called "Gear Nazis", we've be made fun of the guys dressed similar because of preaching about gear, not requiring it as some have said, but promoting it. Heck I've seen at least two of our members give old jackets to younger people, and I have followed suit, and given two of my jackets to riders who "couldn't afford" them.

I couldn't stick around for the ride after, and hopefully someone explained to him what this group was about, and that there is a place to ride like that. We are ones to talk since often we don't ride like reserved individuals, but at least we can promote that we do try and wear gear, ride at 70% or less on the street, and be friendly to everyone around us to promote positive riding. I know I always wave at everyone that's outside when on any back roads in the hopes that they aren't pissed some "loud, punk kid is riding their crotch rocket out in the twisties", but instead sees someone enjoying the road, being courteous.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2007 zx6r, 2006 gsxr 600, 2006 gsxr 750, 2006 FZ1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather have those young riders or stunters come and see our members and understand that you can wear gear and have a good time. Maybe seeing us yesterday has given that guy something to aspire to. Besides, I can't ride a wheelie and I'm jealous.
    The cyclist formerly known as Kleaving.....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíll promote the use of proper gear all day long, but at the end of the day...to each his or her own. What does piss me off is when someone puts a group of riders at risk for negative attention. I was riding right beside that assclown from the entrance to 2nd St bridge, all the way down Market until the on-ramp to 64. He was doing wheelies, stoppies, standing on the tank, and riding on the sidewalk. There were a lot of people around. Keep that shit for some parking lot show. Any kind of group street ride is not the time or place for it.

Bike
    2016 cbr1000rr sp
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleavage View Post
    I'd rather have those young riders or stunters come and see our members and understand that you can wear gear and have a good time. Maybe seeing us yesterday has given that guy something to aspire to. Besides, I can't ride a wheelie and I'm jealous.
    I agree with you and if lsb is going to grow that what needs to happen.

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a talented rider.
    I agree with cleavage & donkey.

Bike
    2007 zx6r, 2006 gsxr 600, 2006 gsxr 750, 2006 FZ1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=MrsZR7;575984]I’ll promote the use of proper gear all day long, but at the end of the day...to each his or her own. What does piss me off is when someone puts a group of riders at risk for negative attention. I was riding right beside that assclown from the entrance to 2nd St bridge, all the way down Market until the on-ramp to 64. He was doing wheelies, stoppies, standing on the tank, and riding on the sidewalk. There were a lot of people around. Keep that shit for some parking lot show. Any kind of group street ride is not the time or place for it.

I figured he wouldn't be able to contain himself so I put plenty of distance between us. I understand not wanting to ride next to a stranger doing stunts.
    The cyclist formerly known as Kleaving.....

Bike
    2007 1000RR Current; 2006 1000RR (RIP)
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post

Still here

Bike
    2006 FZ1, 2012 YAMAHA R1, 2016 YAMAHA R1
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, we like you though!