Thread: *** Hey Guys...... We Need A Leader ***

Bike
    2015 Yamaha FZ 07
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Getting Ticket's , losing your license, insurance going up vs. shaking like a leaf and a smile on your face after 8 sessions. AWESOME!!!
    Anyway we're getting off subject.
    I have met some really nice people on this site I can proudly call family. That have bent over backwards to help me, feed me or just let me know they are there. I will do whatever it takes to keep this site going.
    I'm so happy I found LSB and I'll do whatever I can to keep it going.
    EVERYONE BE POSITIVE!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree! I got onto this site as things were slowing down, I wish i could've been around in the hay days. Even so, this site turned me on to actually riding (vs being a squid who just owns a bike and knows nothing about it), improving skills, wearing proper gear, and going to the track. I'd have never gotten as far into it as i have if I hadn't stumbled on this forum a couple years ago. That's actually a pretty big deal considering it's now a passion that'll likely last the rest of my life. Would absolutely hate to see this place die out!
    2015 FZ07. Former Harley Davidson rider in recovery since 2015.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0al View Post
    Agree! I got onto this site as things were slowing down, I wish i could've been around in the hay days. Even so, this site turned me on to actually riding (vs being a squid who just owns a bike and knows nothing about it), improving skills, wearing proper gear, and going to the track. I'd have never gotten as far into it as i have if I hadn't stumbled on this forum a couple years ago. That's actually a pretty big deal considering it's now a passion that'll likely last the rest of my life. Would absolutely hate to see this place die out!
    Id probably be severely jacked up had it not been for this site. Before I started coming around here, I was doing wheelies on i65 with no helmet and parking lot pimpin 5 nights a week. Nismo took me and a friend on a smaller version of the forbus loop and I was wearing a tshirt and shorts I think, we stopped at russel springs and turned back. I could not imagine doing that loop without my leathers now. My skills were definitely advanced due to this site.
    Last edited by Slimer; 10-11-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0al View Post
    Plan rides. It's the only way to keep people doing thing. Anyone can post a ride, and head out. If you don't know the routes, ask, someone will pass on the street names. In the past I was riding 3-4 days a week, and usually Saturday and Sunday. That has changed since life got in the way, but I still try to get out and ride, and still attempt to do 1-2 group rides a month when they are posted.

Post up. Saturday is supposed to be beautiful. Hopefully spending the day on the bike.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2011 CB1000R
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railing View Post
    Plan rides. It's the only way to keep people doing thing. Anyone can post a ride, and head out. If you don't know the routes, ask, someone will pass on the street names. In the past I was riding 3-4 days a week, and usually Saturday and Sunday. That has changed since life got in the way, but I still try to get out and ride, and still attempt to do 1-2 group rides a month when they are posted.

Post up. Saturday is supposed to be beautiful. Hopefully spending the day on the bike.
    I agree.

We have far to many unposted rides going on. im thankful that im just now starting to get invited to these and i understand wanting to keep group numbers low an ride with people you trust. However, 2 weeks ago i had a ride posted on the forum. Only 2 people responded but i get a txt about a group of 6 doing a unposted ride. Like i said, i get it, but these are missed opportunity to bring in new members.

Ive posted I-loops with no response only to pass 3 or 4 members at the overlook.

I wouldn't be here today if i hadn't been able to show up on that first ride.
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Once hung out with Munky The Midget's Avatar
    Bike
    XR50 "track bike"
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think group rides declined because it moved away from " all are welcome, just ride your own pace" to individual rides because of personal indifference or simply wanting to ride fast. I stopped going on group rides for the most part. I still ride with friends that I wouldn't know with out LSB. If you want to bring new people up then the leaders of this forum need to move it back to "all are welcome, just ride your own pace". That said I do not ever remember a time when MODS regularly organized rides or meet and greets. It was just random members who wanted to get out. So newer members can also step up and put things together.

Now is this thread about why the decline? Or is Cheetah selling his ownership or just giving up the president tittle? Often throughout the history of this forum the owner has not been that active. I understand time and responsibilities take a toll on any one person. I don't think Will does a lot of the management of the site but I might be wrong. If its a matter of money then find some mod to manage that part. If the site is for sale then thats another discussion.

I'm not slow just conservative.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget View Post
    I think group rides declined because it moved away from " all are welcome, just ride your own pace" to individual rides because of personal indifference or simply wanting to ride fast. I stopped going on group rides for the most part. I still ride with friends that I wouldn't know with out LSB. If you want to bring new people up then the leaders of this forum need to move it back to "all are welcome, just ride your own pace". That said I do not ever remember a time when MODS regularly organized rides or meet and greets. It was just random members who wanted to get out. So newer members can also step up and put things together.
    MODS are not here to make up rides, that is the forum community responsible for that. The MODS are here to keep order amongst the conversations and make sure people aren't being rude and offensive to new members. To keep the trolls away and keep everyone somewhat on topic. I would have no problem planning rides but my riding is not easily planned in advance due to mine and the wifes work schedules.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Once hung out with Munky The Midget's Avatar
    Bike
    XR50 "track bike"
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never claimed it was the MODS responsibility to organize rides. Sorry if it read that way.

I'm not slow just conservative.

Vice General for the Democratic People of Korea keg's Avatar
    Bike
    25cc russian communist moped
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call for a communist revolution! I proclaim myself as the dictator!

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just tried licking my balls but I kept falling off the couch.

Bike
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    MODS are not here to make up rides, that is the forum community responsible for that. The MODS are here to keep order amongst the conversations and make sure people aren't being rude and offensive to new members. To keep the trolls away and keep everyone somewhat on topic. I would have no problem planning rides but my riding is not easily planned in advance due to mine and the wifes work schedules.
    Just for information, in case you or someone else doesn't know, there is a last minute ride forum on here, if you subscribe to it, it will send a notification on a new post in that forum via email. It's a good way to see if someone could join you.
    Michael
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)

Bike
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    I agree.

We have far to many unposted rides going on. im thankful that im just now starting to get invited to these and i understand wanting to keep group numbers low an ride with people you trust. However, 2 weeks ago i had a ride posted on the forum. Only 2 people responded but i get a txt about a group of 6 doing a unposted ride. Like i said, i get it, but these are missed opportunity to bring in new members.

Ive posted I-loops with no response only to pass 3 or 4 members at the overlook.

I wouldn't be here today if i hadn't been able to show up on that first ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget View Post

Now is this thread about why the decline? Or is Cheetah selling his ownership or just giving up the president tittle? Often throughout the history of this forum the owner has not been that active. I understand time and responsibilities take a toll on any one person. I don't think Will does a lot of the management of the site but I might be wrong. If its a matter of money then find some mod to manage that part. If the site is for sale then thats another discussion.
    Rides have been all over the place in terms of members. We used to roll 20-30 deep on a weekend ride, but with that many people, egos got in the way, and unluckily, we had LOTS of accidents. I was one, and lack of experience caused me to wreck. Luckily I had other members to help, and a quick sanitary napkin electric taped to my knee, I finished another 100 miles of riding and headed home. With that said, those egos caused a lot of people to do invite only stuff, and not post on the general forum. There are lots of members who have respect for one another, but don't like riding with other people for whatever personal reason they have (too fast, too slow, etc). Also, there are people that don't feel comfortable with large groups, and have asked others to keep it small because they are new and don't want to be that guy in the back holding everyone up. Others don't want to wait. Others have a very tight schedule, have 3-4 hours only, and want to keep the group moving. We all have reasons for one thing or another.

Another issue, some rides we do aren't great for large groups or are fast paced (Forbus, Bloomington Loop, etc). Other rides are planned to be very newbie friendly. Some are long, 300-400 miles, others are short, 120 miles. That's the beauty of this. One issue when you get a large group of people that have been around for practically 10 years, you create friendships, and you ride with your friends. I've done all of the above. I have posted up rides where I didn't want more than 6 people, I have led a group of 20, I have taken newbie only groups, I have done invite rides, and I ride a lot with just ACR since it's convenient having a spouse that rides and 3 hours for a quick spin, or a need to go visit family on the other side of twisty roads.

My favorite group size is 2-8. More than 8, it's difficult to pass and keep the group together, and we get a LOT of attention when passing cars.

Really, it's about posting a ride and taking people out. If you dig deep on the ride threads, the Mods did plan rides, that's because they were riding a lot, but the vast majority of rides were members that wanted to ride.

Sportbikes have been going away, people are enjoying the ADV and cafe racer style bikes, and doing a lot of parking lot pimping. I am not sure what really changed, but the 50-100 people that were joining each year has basically stopped. Whether that's because we don't get our name out, we are promoting it, or there aren't rides, people aren't coming. "If you build it, they will come". So if we plan rides, they will show up?

We have a core group of 30 long term members that are active right now (maybe not posting up, but that check in). If everyone posted just two rides a year, we'd have 60 planned rides. And that's just for the long term members.

So yes, we need someone overall to take "ownership" of the site, but it's almost always been run by it's members, and we just need the members posting rides, meets, etc.... in all our spare time.
    Michael
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)