Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: *** Hey Guys...... We Need A Leader ***

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forums that aren't specific to a brand, I don't see them doing so well with facebook around. R1, R6, GSXR, CBR....etc will all do well because they will post a lot about tech talk and problem shoot their bikes. This forum was formed back when social media was just starting and the forum thrived as a place for like minded enthusiast to sit back and chat with each other. Now that the facebook has taken over, that seems to be the easier avenue for chatting with the motorcycle community. It sucks because I like the smaller venue, the forum kept us local, monitored to keep the spammers away and kept the internet trolls to a minimum. The motorcycle pages on facebook are full of kids that don't want to read and just want to make fun of anyone for asking a simple how to question. I would hate to see this forum shut down, but I understand the maintenance costs and effort needed to keep it going.....so given the current state of everything, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it does get shut down.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    2007 1000RR Current; 2006 1000RR (RIP)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*** Hey Guys...... We Need A Leader ***

Quote Originally Posted by jackalo626 View Post
    Im not sure what it costs a few years back but it is a huge turnoff for me and kept me away without a 2nd thought. Its hundreds of dollars for a trackday and for comparison autocross is $35 and tires last more than a couple times going. Not trashing it or saying it is not worth it, I am saying I can afford $35 but not hundreds of dollars so that is possibly the reason many others don't get into it. No need to tell me why its that price or defend it because it isn't an attack on it and if I came into a bunch of money, I'd wad a few bikes up on the track happily.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Again it depends on what you're trying to do. At an intermediate pace a set PP3s will last 8 days. Running DOTs I spend about $100 a day on tires averaged out.

I remember trackdays being $155-$175 imho $200 and up is kind of high. At some trackdays I feel like the caddy that snuck on the golf course.

Someone once told me if you want to go fast it's cheaper than a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miguel_812 View Post
    Again it depends on what you're trying to do. At an intermediate pace a set PP3s will last 8 days. Running DOTs I spend about $100 a day on tires averaged out.

I remember trackdays being $155-$175 imho $200 and up is kind of high. At some trackdays I feel like the caddy that snuck on the golf course.

Someone once told me if you want to go fast it's cheaper than a ticket.

But its not cheaper than a ticket lol

Bike
    2006 FZ1, 2012 YAMAHA R1, 2016 YAMAHA R1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever seen what a 160 mph ticket looks like?

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneg808 View Post
    No, because anyone doing 160mph and stops isn't all there in the head tbh.

Bike
    Triumph Bon, 2012Yam R1LE ,GSXR 750, 2014 BMW HP4
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneg808 View Post
    This is true ! If you take into account how much you spend on a set of tires, eating out 3 to 4 times a week it's not a lot of money to go to 2 or more track days a season. Think ahead and plan. $60.00 -$100.00 a week in a savings plan for track days is not a big deal, especially for something you enjoy.???
    Jewish ,French , German , English , American , redneck .

Corinthians 13 -11

" When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things" .

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    This is true ! If you take into account how much you spend on a set of tires, eating out 3 to 4 times a week it's not a lot of money to go to 2 or more track days a season. Think ahead and plan. $60.00 -$100.00 a week in a savings plan for track days is not a big deal, especially for something you enjoy.???
    I can't really think of anything I have spent 10's of thousands of dollars on I like to enjoy 2 or 3 times a year but thats just me. I can see how you track guys enjoy it like I said but it is just so cost prohibitive to the people we are talking about in this thread to bring into the sport. We are talking about in several posts that people don't have jobs and those that do have trouble affording a newer bike (I know you could get older and save) and then on top of it all spend in one weekend what those people aren't even clearing in a week after taxes and or living costs. Just my take, I love things with wheels, hell I have 2 bikes and 3 cars but the cost in comparison to things like autocross for me is a big stretch for similar event. Just my angle on it is all.

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill clarify further, I am not saying it isn't worth the fun or that autocross that I used as an example is a direct price reflection on what it should cost. It is a cheaper parking lot rental and volunteers working the event, I get all of it. I am only speaking on the actual topic of bringing new blood into the sport and it is a hard sell from where they stand (out of town tracks, trailer usage, hotel, gas to farther tracks, food away for those days, tires, track fees etc vs a cheap entry fee near home where they can drive their car to and from and is a motorsport that most can afford)

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Ticket's , losing your license, insurance going up vs. shaking like a leaf and a smile on your face after 8 sessions. AWESOME!!!
    Anyway we're getting off subject.
    I have met some really nice people on this site I can proudly call family. That have bent over backwards to help me, feed me or just let me know they are there. I will do whatever it takes to keep this site going.
    I'm so happy I found LSB and I'll do whatever I can to keep it going.
    EVERYONE BE POSITIVE!!!

Photobucket

Cant get enough of those crooked roads.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    Getting Ticket's , losing your license, insurance going up vs. shaking like a leaf and a smile on your face after 8 sessions. AWESOME!!!
    Anyway we're getting off subject.
    I have met some really nice people on this site I can proudly call family. That have bent over backwards to help me, feed me or just let me know they are there. I will do whatever it takes to keep this site going.
    I'm so happy I found LSB and I'll do whatever I can to keep it going.
    EVERYONE BE POSITIVE!!!

I love this man!!!!!
    Sam

2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
    2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2015 KTM Duke 390

Happily free of the burden of any discernable talent since 1965

"doctors say gear saved his life"