Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: *** Hey Guys...... We Need A Leader ***

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .Cheetah. View Post
    Without someone taking the time to plan these things, this is what happens and where I have slacked.

It seems there just aren't these younger kids getting into the sport like most all of is did. Hell, a lot of younger 20 year olds barely have jobs right now.

The bikes have gone from 10k for a new 1000, to 20k for new in a very short time.

So what can we do..... Anyone have any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I thought about the bikes value going up a lot in my mind a while back and was countered with data that proved it was still in the same relation vs inflation and income average fwiw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

People's Supreme Ruler WorldLeader's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 Honda Interceptor
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Booger or @Railing would be good choices.
    2004 Honda Interceptor (VFR800, Red, Michelin Pilot Road 2CT, KN filter)
    2003 Acura RSX type-S (K20A2, White, KN filter)
    2002 Honda Accord Coupe (F23A1, Blue, KN filter)

Originally posted by MissBlondie
    They do make flavored condoms..... and you wouldn't even have to taste the semen..... just sayin'.

Bike
    2012 Triumph Street Triple R
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By leader, I assume you mean "owner." I would suggest that whoever assumes the reigns (handlebars?) establishes something like a board of directors to assist with moving the site forward. This would serve to spread the "work" of the site around, allow for more collaborative input, and prevent burnout from one person doing it all. Perhaps one board member (or a subcommittee) could head up efforts to organize social events, another with working to attract new members and existing riders to the site, having a presence at local events, etc. This forum has been a great resource for me personally -- I have learned a shit load and made some great friends I would never have likely met otherwise. I would hate to see it die a slow death.

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cano View Post
    By leader, I assume you mean "owner." I would suggest that whoever assumes the reigns (handlebars?) establishes something like a board of directors to assist with moving the site forward. This would serve to spread the "work" of the site around, allow for more collaborative input, and prevent burnout from one person doing it all. Perhaps one board member (or a subcommittee) could head up efforts to organize social events, another with working to attract new members and existing riders to the site, having a presence at local events, etc. This forum has been a great resource for me personally -- I have learned a shit load and made some great friends I would never have likely met otherwise. I would hate to see it die a slow death.

This is similar to what happens. The "mods" are all collectively helping with things, but it still takes an owner/leader to organize and move things along, being involved by riding, planning rides, gatherings, etc. Promoting the word.

The issues are:

1. People of the younger generation aren't riding motorcycles
    2. People that are riding, are riding "vintage", dual sport, adventure style bikes, as race replicas have a fairing large negative idea behind them.
    3. People are moving away from forums for "instant" of FB and other social media.

To remedy this, the person needs to accept FB and other mediums to promote and cross link. The site should probably be upgraded to the newer version of vBulletin. Also promotion of not just Sportbikes, but all motorcycle riding.

We have all been an inclusive bunch of riders. People have shown up on all types of motorcycles, and I know a lot of not finding this site is because it's not as active, or the fact they don't feel welcome because they are on an ADV bike, and not a sportbike.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldLeader View Post
    @Booger or @Railing would be good choices.
    Thanks for the props on that. Honestly, I love this site, been here for over 10 years now, contributed a lot of content, been on countless rides, and made some amazing friends along the way. Heck, I met my wife because of LSB. My issue is that, although I have time to help with taking care of the back end of the site, my time has been hit/miss in terms of doing the work that's needed as an owner/leader. I also fall under the same potential issue that other people have, and that if my family grows, my time could be even more split.

I like the role I have, I like making sure the site stays open, I like promoting and contributing what I can, showing up to rides when I can, without the "requirement" to do so.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2006 FZ1, 2012 YAMAHA R1, 2016 YAMAHA R1
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railing View Post
    Thanks for the props on that. Honestly, I love this site, been here for over 10 years now, contributed a lot of content, been on countless rides, and made some amazing friends along the way. Heck, I met my wife because of LSB. My issue is that, although I have time to help with taking care of the back end of the site, my time has been hit/miss in terms of doing the work that's needed as an owner/leader. I also fall under the same potential issue that other people have, and that if my family grows, my time could be even more split.

I like the role I have, I like making sure the site stays open, I like promoting and contributing what I can, showing up to rides when I can, without the "requirement" to do so.
    We appreciate what you do! Will just needs to get a damn bike and well be good lol

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I've got just the perfect bike for him in my garage! lol

Bike
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We've lasted a lot longer than most local forums have since the advent of The Book of Faces.
    Sam

2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
    2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2015 KTM Duke 390

Happily free of the burden of any discernable talent since 1965

"doctors say gear saved his life"

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cost of living has risen so quickly that the younger folks just simply can not afford 2 buy toys.
    A few years ago my boy asked my why we weren't on a golf course a few days a week anymore.
    After thinking about it, I told him it was because we didn't have the disposable $ for that.
    Then I got to thinking, shit! I hope I can continue to live in my house!
    Honestly.
    I have excellent credit, have an awesome job and make a nice living.
    And doing so, feel like I'm running on a hanpster wheel.
    So, I could imagine the 20 somethings not having the $.
    So the cost of living increase and the social media machine have to be the cause of forum decline.
    Since I'm not on social media, this is an easy stop for me.

Bike
    2007 1000RR Current; 2006 1000RR (RIP)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*** Hey Guys...... We Need A Leader ***

You can ball on a budget. Just learn to ride the brakes off an 03. Hell the 2017 R6 has the same engine as the 2006. Buy gear and parts used like I do. I am a single father and a social worker. It's all about how bad you want it. I believe as motoamerica grows so will the sport. I don't like the way prices have risen on trackdays just in my short 6 years of riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Track Day Star
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miguel_812 View Post
    You can ball on a budget. Just learn to ride the brakes off an 03. Hell the 2017 R6 has the same engine as the 2006. Buy gear and parts used like I do. I am a single father and a social worker. It's all about how bad you want it. I believe as motoamerica grows so will the sport. I don't like the way prices have risen on trackdays just in my short 6 years of riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im not sure what it costs a few years back but it is a huge turnoff for me and kept me away without a 2nd thought. Its hundreds of dollars for a trackday and for comparison autocross is $35 and tires last more than a couple times going. Not trashing it or saying it is not worth it, I am saying I can afford $35 but not hundreds of dollars so that is possibly the reason many others don't get into it. No need to tell me why its that price or defend it because it isn't an attack on it and if I came into a bunch of money, I'd wad a few bikes up on the track happily.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk