I'm not slow just conservative.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kneedragginleprechaun View Post
    I think it depends on the direction of the air flow. I do not think they are designed to hold with a ton of air pushing from the back.

Now that being said I want to get on my soap box. This site was always famous for AGATT. This thread seams entirely contradictory to motorcycle safety.
    I understand having a mount to keep your phone out of your pocket. If you chose to use it to play music, then you should only be messing with it when you are stopped, correct? If you are changing playlist or whatever you are doing with it at a stoplight, why can't you look down? The only reason I can see for wanting to have it up is so you can change music while riding?
    This brings me to my next point. If you think looking down to change a song while riding is not distracted driving you are fooling yourselves. Riding a motorcycle deserves our non distracted attention at all times.
    I've seen many times on this sight people talk about how they would never drink beer at a bike night and ride. Yet the proven statistics are out there that distracted driving is way worse than drunk driving.
    I am not meaning to be critical of anyone on this sight. So please do not take anything that I have said personally. My goal is only to change awareness. Think about how many years it took the perception of drinking and driving to change. Distracted driving and riding is killing people every day.
    We are all plugged into our phones 24/7. In many cases our jobs depend on them. It has become increasingly difficult to get away. Why not use riding a motorcycle as "free time"? Unplug and enjoy the ride.
    What if you are on a long trip and need it up top for GPS?
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Once hung out with Munky The Midget's Avatar
    Bike
    XR50 "track bike"
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    This is the true reason I started even using the mount. Use to be a time I did not even ride listening to music much less worry about a phone mount. Like Patrick said this site use to be pro AGATT (All the gear all the time, not another anti something), I cant remember the last ride I was on where every one had leathers. Most rides now are relaxed paced and mesh style gear. The style of riding for me has changed. I'm not at gold wing coffee with a back massage yet. That said some comforts such as music, navigation, and seeing who is calling is nice.

I'm not slow just conservative.

CC Powersports Louisville Sponsor
    Bike
    2011 KAW ZX-10R
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would say if you are using blue tooth it would be great. the voice commands would go directly into your helmet. If you are constantly looking down at a map (while riding) no good. Looking at the map when pulled over or stopped that is ok too.
    I'm sure 90% of the people on here are using the technology in the correct way. But I am seeing soooo many who are not. Like I said before, just please be safe.

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would say if you are using blue tooth it would be great. the voice commands would go directly into your helmet. If you are constantly looking down at a map (while riding) no good. Looking at the map when pulled over or stopped that is ok too.
    I'm sure 90% of the people on here are using the technology in the correct way. But I am seeing soooo many who are not. Like I said before, just please be safe.
    I used written instructions in a phone arm band. I look at stops for the next couple of roads and keep riding. It's really a good way to do directions.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    '17 DRZ 400SM, '16 GSX-S1000, '16 KX250f
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Midget View Post
    The style of riding for me has changed. I'm not at gold wing coffee with a back massage yet.
    You were using a sun dial for a lap timer then, I guess now you've moved on to a Mayan calendar?

On a more serious note; the thread title is terribly misleading. The only failure was with the end user, not the product. Mob Armor makes some very nice phone/tablet mounts; some of which are designed for wind blasts/vibration that may be more suited to your needs.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The listening to music was only assumed in this thread, what if the person doesn't have a sena? not listening to music but still needs the GPS?
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    2011 CB1000R
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who uses GPS. look at the Map once then shoot from the hip....
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Bike
    '17 DRZ 400SM, '16 GSX-S1000, '16 KX250f
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Who uses GPS. look at the Map once then shoot from the hip....
    Live life 97.5 miles at a time.