Thread: Q3 Plus Review

Bike
    2015 1290 Superduke
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post
    Well it is not chicken strips but it is a strip. WTF! Never had a tire do anything like this. It is a paper thin layer of rubber that peeled off from the edge of the soft outer compound in toward the center. Discovered it when I stopped during a ride for some water. After seeing this I took it easy at first and then started picking up the pace in the corners to see if there was any performance degredation. Pretty soon I was deep into the corners and it never once slipped or did anything strange. Regardless, I will not be riding this bike again until I get another tire. I have already emailed Dunlop and included photos.

Anyone else experience this sort of thing with the Q3 Plus???

Attachment 24960
    Wtf. Yeah id be interested to see what dunlop says. You better get a new rear out of that.

I have a track day on my Q3+s next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunlop should buy that picture from you for 2 free sets. Not even playing, blackmail that shit!!!

I'm waiting on Dunlop to run a rebate on these so I can order a set for this season. Normally they would have ran one by now I thought. Maybe its the end of April
    Last edited by Slimer; 04-15-2018 at 08:27 AM.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    Dunlop should buy that picture from you for 2 free sets. Not even playing, blackmail that shit!!!

I'm waiting on Dunlop to run a rebate on these so I can order a set for this season. Normally they would have ran one by now I thought. Maybe its the end of April
    Looks like there is a rebate on Dunlop tires going on now.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, reflashed ECU, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 Kawasaki ZX6R.....Puig screen, R&G frame sliders and fork protectors, GB Racing engine case covers, Carrozzeria forged wheels.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that yesterday, they are on the way and the rebate is submitted.....$258 after the rebate
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really sold on how well these tires feel and perform. I was near the end of the useful life of the rear tire when this occurred and they suffered no loss of performance in spite of what happened. I have searched the internet for any other accounts of this occurring with this particular tire and have found none so far. Really would like to run another set of these based on how they feel and how much confidence they inspire.

So far, no reply from Dunlop.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, reflashed ECU, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 Kawasaki ZX6R.....Puig screen, R&G frame sliders and fork protectors, GB Racing engine case covers, Carrozzeria forged wheels.

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally received a reply. Dunlop claims I simply ran the tire beyond it's useful life. Okay.....I did continue to ride once I reached the wear markers, but all of the sipes were still visible on the tire when this happened. I am used to seeing part or all of the sipes worn off before something like this occurs.

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post
    Finally received a reply. Dunlop claims I simply ran the tire beyond it's useful life. Okay.....I did continue to ride once I reached the wear markers, but all of the sipes were still visible on the tire when this happened. I am used to seeing part or all of the sipes worn off before something like this occurs.
    I agree.
    I think I remember my ol friend Jay Quisenberry wearing his Q2 down to that point. He try’s to get all the mileage out of a tire he can. At a intermediate pace on the street he gets about 3400 Miles out of a Fr. & rear set.
    Photobucket

Cant get enough of those crooked roads.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I agree.
    I think I remember my ol friend Jay Quisenberry wearing his Q2 down to that point. He try’s to get all the mileage out of a tire he can. At a intermediate pace on the street he gets about 3400 Miles out of a Fr. & rear set.
    Well, since Dunlop has the 50 dollar rebate on these tires right now, I got another set. I like the confidence and safety net I get from having the most grip possible but think after this set I may be done with super sport tires on the Ninja 1000 and will go back to ST tires. The last set of ST tires I ran performed well enough for spirited street riding and lasted quite a bit longer. The new Michelin Road 5 looks promising. I will probably keep running the Q3 on my ZX6R for the occasional road crime.
    Last edited by Johnmark101; 04-20-2018 at 09:21 PM.