Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turtles and Deer?

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny......I have been seeing quite a few turtles on the road recently while riding and I don't ever remember seeing so many. My experience has been that if you are looking far enough up the road as you ride and are not going way too fast for the street you should have enough time to change your line and avoid them. I know some things can't be completely avoided at times but hopefully no one will get taken out by a turtle.

Deer scare the hell out of me after seeing how one totaled my pickup truck!!! Those things are solid.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, reflashed ECU, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 Kawasaki ZX6R.....Puig screen, R&G frame sliders and fork protectors, GB Racing engine case covers, Carrozzeria forged wheels.

MSF Student
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep try to avoid hitting them.

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said, hit it, it's bump, and the few times I haven't been able to avoid the small furry or hard shelled animal in the road, I shifted my weight backwards to the rear tire more, and went over without issue... just had to clean the bike when home.

If you do move a turtle out of the road, please more it in the direction it's headed, not the side of the road it's nearest. They might be on there way to known water or food, and if you disorient them, they don't know where they are.

And don't try to kick them out of the way, someone tried that at a track and ended up with multiple broken bones in their foot.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can't swerve and have to run over the turtle, stay off the brakes.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, reflashed ECU, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

2015 Kawasaki ZX6R.....Puig screen, R&G frame sliders and fork protectors, GB Racing engine case covers, Carrozzeria forged wheels.

CC Powersports Louisville Sponsor
    Bike
    2011 KAW ZX-10R
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railing View Post
    As said, hit it, it's bump, and the few times I haven't been able to avoid the small furry or hard shelled animal in the road, I shifted my weight backwards to the rear tire more, and went over without issue... just had to clean the bike when home.

If you do move a turtle out of the road, please more it in the direction it's headed, not the side of the road it's nearest. They might be on there way to known water or food, and if you disorient them, they don't know where they are.

And don't try to kick them out of the way, someone tried that at a track and ended up with multiple broken bones in their foot.
    lmao, like kicking a bowling ball