Thread: Discussion - Seasonal LSB Ride/Bike Night/Cookout

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion - Seasonal LSB Ride/Bike Night/Cookout

The staff here has been tossing around some ideas about some bigger LSB functions, and one that was tossed around was an LSB bike night. I am taking the reigns and going to get the ball moving on this and get an open discussion, and get this planned. We like to ride. We like to eat. We like to tell stories about riding motorcycles... So, let's do it all on the same day.

So I am opening this to a discussion, here is the initial plans. Within a couple of days I will make the actual threads for these, with times, sign up sheets, etc.

Thoughts?

What: Spring, Summer, and Fall, we will plan a ride, followed up with a Bike Night and Cookout. Locations will vary, as we will try to make it somewhat central to everyone on different occasions, with different people "planning and organizing", and make sure we have enough space to accommodate us all, and do what we want. We want this to be family friendly in the evening, so we want to plan this around some parks, potential play grounds, etc. Pitch in style eating, so everyone brings food, or pre-pays for someone to do a "meat/grill" run.

When: First one, Saturday May 21, 2016 - Times to be determined, most likely a morning ride, followed by an afternoon break, and then an evening gathering. The other two will be held mid-summer and fall.

Where: TBD, calling about potential shelter houses, established grills, etc. The first one will probably be in the Cox's Park area off of River Road and Zorn Ave, just a short stone's throw away from the Zorn Ave. Meeting area. I will be scoping out the location tomorrow and seeing about any kind of reservations that might need to be made. I do know there are bathroom locations in the area as well.

Who: Everyone, there is a playground in the park across the street from Cox's Park, so we might try that area.

Eating: This will be a pitch in. With that said, I have a smoker that is capable of doing around 30 lbs of meat at once, and it takes around 4 hours to smoke ribs/chicken, so I have to plan this accordingly. I would go broke feeding everyone, BUT I would be willing to smoke a bunch of ribs and chicken if people pitched in for the meat, and I would do a collection ahead of time. Last time I did this it was around $10-15/slab of ribs, and about $4-6/chicken. I will foot the bill for the homemade dry-rub and BBQ sauce I know quite a few of you have had my smoked ribs and chicken, and I must say, there hasn't been a single complaint. So it would be around $150 in meet to fill the smoker. We can also plan to get burgers and hot dogs as well, so I would say we would need around $200-250 to cover the cost of meat and buns.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked Cox's park, kids play set right next to bathrooms and right next to a bunch of grills. Looks perfect!
    Michael
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)

Bike
    '12 Tri Tiger 800, Z-1, many 2-strokes
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds nice, Manheim is having there show 5/21, just FYI. Ill see if Linda is off and be there. Probably arrive self contained with all food and beverage. This will be great.

Bike
    03 Aprilia Mille
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought....the square in Charlestown could be cool, if you didn't want the hassle of cooking. Charlestown Pizza Co. Is right there and there is a small park across the street with bathrooms. They do car shows up there occasionally and it works out pretty well.

Bike
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericf1 View Post
    Just a thought....the square in Charlestown could be cool, if you didn't want the hassle of cooking. Charlestown Pizza Co. Is right there and there is a small park across the street with bathrooms. They do car shows up there occasionally and it works out pretty well.
    We do the meet and eats often. This is a way for us to do our own thing and all of us chip in and really make it out event. That's why we are shooting for only 2-3 times a season.
    Michael
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)

Bike
    2007 Honda 600RR, Gone.R1.GSXR.CB1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rhis going to be great for all of us to get together. Especially since we can bring our families.

2007 Honda 600RR / Will / CEO

Bike
    2015 1290 Superduke
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so everyone knows......this was totally my idea

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Bike
    2008 Ducati Hypermotard
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    Just so everyone knows......this was totally my idea

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Dude...go WAYYYYY back. We talked about doing something like this 7 or 8 years ago. Sadly, it never came to fruition.
    Sam

2008 Ducati Hypermotard S
    2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2015 KTM Duke 390

Happily free of the burden of any discernable talent since 1965

"doctors say gear saved his life"

Bike
    2015 1290 Superduke
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowasockee View Post
    Dude...go WAYYYYY back. We talked about doing something like this 7 or 8 years ago. Sadly, it never came to fruition.
    7 or 8 years ago i couldnt even buy beer
    2014 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R
    Sold-2011 CB1000r, 2007 Husky SM610s, 2008 CBR 1000rr, 2006 CBR1000rr
    2008 CBR600RR, 2001 CBR 600F4i

Bike
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Red View Post
    7 or 8 years ago i couldnt even buy beer
    So what you are saying, this isn't your idea. This has been in the discussion for a LONG time, and we used to have a few gatherings at various times of the year, 4th of July, Halloween, etc. So it's time to once again get a few big gatherings together and since no one is taking the reigns, I am.

I think we have a perfect spot for this at Cox's park, multiple grills, multiple picnic tables, big parking lots, kids swing set, bathrooms, view of the river, etc.

So now we need to figure out food. We either need to do a collection of money to buy meat and have a pitch in for the rest, or we need to create a signup sheet for what people are bringing and just grill there. My thought is grilling and smoking food, to have a selection, but if we only want to grill, then that saves me time.
    Michael
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)