Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Meet and eat to see no0ne off for ever.

Bike
    '15 Aprilia Shiver 750
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cowasockee View Post
    Fuckin' lifer! You gonna have a chief's belly in another year or two.
    The most I plan to do is 10 years.

The only reason I'm reenlisting is for a small bonus. See, no one every tells us about the "olbiserv" (obligated service) which requires us to serve 3 years at particular duty stations (which all of my options are due to the nature of my job).

SO...

Currently I only have about 2 years left on my original contract, which will require me to "obliserv" for one year after that. I can refuse, but then the possibilty is there for Big Navy to retract my orders and send me wherever they want, but they probably won't do that. That would also tip them off that I'm not particularly planning to stay in the military once my contract ends, so they will have no reason to do me any favors, ever.

BUT...

if I reenlist for 3 years.. that 2 years I have remaining currently will be replaced with those 3 years of reenlistment, AND I'll get a very, very small bonus. The current 2 years get replaced because they're actually 2x one year extensions that were part of my original contract for me to be eligible for ATF (advanced technical field) which means once, and if, I graduated A school I would be automatically advanced to E4.

ALSO...

the reason I mentioned 10 years (which would be another 3 year reenlistment) is because my $50k in student loan debt would be forgiven due to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Act that wipes out any federal loans after 10 years of payments while working in a public service job. But chances are I may get out at 7 years of service and be able to pay it off on my own in those 3 years while being free of the nonsense that is the US Navy.

And I will never have a cheif's belly. Those MF'ers do not PT or look like they're within regs, physically, and I do not believe that 80% of them can actually pass their PRT. It gets worse the higher the rank. However, I do need to get back on my workout regiment.
    '82 Yamaha Razz(Wrecked)
    '82 Kawasaki KZ1100(Sold)
    '94 Yamaha FZR600(Wrecked)
    '07 Kawasaki Ninja 650r(Totaled into a semi)
    '94 Honda CBR600F2(Didn't wreck)
    '83 Honda CM450C(Repainted)
    '07 Kawasaki Z1000(Traded)
    '04 Suzuki DRZ400SM(Sold?)
    '07 Honda CBR600RR/CB600R(Wrecked 4x)
    '02 Honda Elite(Stolen)
    '09 Kawasaki KLX351SF(Sold)
    Bike #12: '15 Aprilia Shiver 750
    EJ

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by no0ne View Post
    Hi guys. I'm still in Hawaii.

Also..

Gonna be here another 3 years.. so.. yeah.

Who wants to come to my reenlistment party?
    When is it? I've talked to Rachel about going back over, and taking her with me this time and grabbing a hotel near Wakiki. Depends on funds this summer. I have things in the works that may prevent travel this summer.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    '15 Aprilia Shiver 750
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    When is it? I've talked to Rachel about going back over, and taking her with me this time and grabbing a hotel near Wakiki. Depends on funds this summer. I have things in the works that may prevent travel this summer.
    That hasn't been determined yet. I wanted it to be very early February but seems something screwed up in the paperwork is forcing me to do it before new years.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    '82 Yamaha Razz(Wrecked)
    '82 Kawasaki KZ1100(Sold)
    '94 Yamaha FZR600(Wrecked)
    '07 Kawasaki Ninja 650r(Totaled into a semi)
    '94 Honda CBR600F2(Didn't wreck)
    '83 Honda CM450C(Repainted)
    '07 Kawasaki Z1000(Traded)
    '04 Suzuki DRZ400SM(Sold?)
    '07 Honda CBR600RR/CB600R(Wrecked 4x)
    '02 Honda Elite(Stolen)
    '09 Kawasaki KLX351SF(Sold)
    Bike #12: '15 Aprilia Shiver 750
    EJ

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, won't be making a trip that soon
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!