Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Thread: Post whore chat room/Thread jack room

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody alive around here anymore? BACK IN MY DAY, we used to sit on here and chat for hours. Log on to 30+ new posts. Damn kids and their cell phone internet sites.
    2009 Yellow/Blue Yamaha R1

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS, 2015 Kawasaki ZX6R
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimer View Post
    Anybody alive around here anymore? BACK IN MY DAY, we used to sit on here and chat for hours. Log on to 30+ new posts. Damn kids and their cell phone internet sites.
    I was thinking the same thing. Tried to drum up some chatter but getting the impression that a lot of the original members have either gotten too busy with work and family or have given up on motorcycling. Riding is still an obsession for me even though I have slowed my roll a bit.

2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT.....Ivan's ECU reflash, R&G frame sliders, MRA windscreen, Powerlet.

2013 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS......Sargent seat, Puig windscreen, R&G frame sliders / fork protectors / engine case covers, Powerlet, Osram Nightbreakers, Vesrah brake pads, Pazzo levers, Akrapovic full exhaust, Power commander 5, pair valve block off plates, modified air box, Ivan's ECU reflash, suspension built by Traxxion Dynamics.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Tried to drum up some chatter but getting the impression that a lot of the original members have either gotten too busy with work and family or have given up on motorcycling. Riding is still an obsession for me even though I have slowed my roll a bit.
    This place used to be my favorite pass time, now it takes 2 seconds to catch up.

People always say to man up and grow some balls, balls are vulnerable.....man up and grow a vagina, those things can take a pounding!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I only drop by once or twice a month myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Tony

'00 ZX-6
    Dress for the crash, not the ride. (Assuming you still have a ride.)

Bike
    '15 Ducati 1299 S/'07 Yamaha R1/'14 Honda Grom
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post
    I'm working on getting things changed around. Just a slow process. I am trying to get the time to get the site updated to a newer version of vBulletin, and work on getting some more "things" we can do around here.

Message boards are slowly dying because of shared groups with things on Facebook, and instant communication with other apps. My goal in updating the site is to better integrate it with other services, and make it so we can get almost any two wheels involved, not just sportbikes.

Many of the OG gang either retired, or are riding a variety of other items, not doing the spirited rides we once did. Some got frustrated picking up pieces and just ride with friends, others do invite only rides. Then some of us get wrapped up with toddlers running around and although the interest is still there, the time isn't.

My goal is to take LSB further and try to get more involved. I am getting to a point with work that I should have some availability to start working on the upgrade and get it moving and in place so we can all try to get more activity here.
    Michael
    2015 Ducati 1299 Panigale S (Street/Track)
    2007 Yamaha R1 (Street/Track)
    2014 Honda Grom (Pits/Street)
    2006 Yamaha FZ1 (Street)
    2004 Suzuki GSXR750 (Track)
    2000 Suzuki SV650 (Street/Track)

Bike
    2006 Yamaha R1 50th anniversary
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Railing View Post
    I'm working on getting things changed around. Just a slow process. I am trying to get the time to get the site updated to a newer version of vBulletin, and work on getting some more "things" we can do around here.

Message boards are slowly dying because of shared groups with things on Facebook, and instant communication with other apps. My goal in updating the site is to better integrate it with other services, and make it so we can get almost any two wheels involved, not just sportbikes.

Many of the OG gang either retired, or are riding a variety of other items, not doing the spirited rides we once did. Some got frustrated picking up pieces and just ride with friends, others do invite only rides. Then some of us get wrapped up with toddlers running around and although the interest is still there, the time isn't.

My goal is to take LSB further and try to get more involved. I am getting to a point with work that I should have some availability to start working on the upgrade and get it moving and in place so we can all try to get more activity here.

At least Louisvillisportbikes is still alive.
    I believe asphalt junkies died, at least as an internet site. They may be on Facebook but i am not on any social media.
    Especially after it was outed for selling your information and even watching & listening to you through your phone since you give it permission to use your camera & microphone to use the message app.
    But im old, and old school.
    Although i have to admit, i am toying with the idea of selling my R1 and staying on dirt bikes.
    The only thing keeping me on the street are track days.
    Praise the Lord for track days.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Rad View Post
    At least Louisvillisportbikes is still alive.
    I believe asphalt junkies died, at least as an internet site. They may be on Facebook but i am not on any social media.
    Especially after it was outed for selling your information and even watching & listening to you through your phone since you give it permission to use your camera & microphone to use the message app.
    But im old, and old school.
    Although i have to admit, i am toying with the idea of selling my R1 and staying on dirt bikes.
    The only thing keeping me on the street are track days.
    Praise the Lord for track days.
    That's not street

Only thing keeping me street riding is the dragon.

Bike
    02 CBR 600 F4I
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea came here to sell, and realized the underwhelming lack of posts :/ Everyone is using the facebook but me I think... or insta... or whatever the kids are doing these days.
    02 F4I

Bike
    2009 FZ1, Kawasaki Z125 Pro
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm planning a deals gap trip now. 2020 small bore rally June 12-14.

_______
    DOUG

Bike
    2009 Yamaha R1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by booger View Post
    I'm planning a deals gap trip now. 2020 small bore rally June 12-14.
    I will be down in Pigeon Forge 14-19th of June. I plan on trying to make a pass through the dragon on the 13th and maybe stay a night down there.