Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Insurance Discussions or Comments.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insurance Discussions or Comments.

Just wanted to start a New Thread on just Insurance talk. I made it a Sticky thread as to it can be used as a reference thread. So any info, suggestions, or comments on Insurance. This is the thread.

Plus our Classified threads seem to get a little full of other stuff. That's part of being on a forum, we will have a few stray posts in threads from time to time.

I pay roughly $66.66 a month for Full coverage for both of my 1000's. This includes my Track bike. The only reason I pay for full coverage on both is because Home Owners will not cover anything that can be titled, even if it's stored in your garage. Trust me I learned the hard way. My car got stolen, and I only had liability without Fire and theft on it as I never drove it much. Anyway it was in my garage, and locked. They found the keys that were hidden upstairs and took it. Home Owners would not cover shit. I talked to my cousin about it and if it has, ever was, or can be titled. They will not cover it. Just letting people know that don't insure their bikes thru winter thinking as long as it's in the garage it's covered. They are wrong.

I pay my Insurance up front every year. It's a little cheaper that way. I have learned in the past. Being under Insured sucks balls.
    Last edited by B Mac; 02-23-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Bike
    2007 Honda 600RR, Gone.R1.GSXR.CB1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now we just need to link the 3672 threads over the past 6 years to this and we're good.......... Now on to tires and oil.

2007 Honda 600RR / Will / CEO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by .Cheetah. View Post
    Now we just need to link the 3672 threads with the all the pics of my bike or carbon fiber on my bike over the past 6 years to this and we're good.......... Now on to tires and oil.

Fixed.

I know this is a big discussion, and this thread probably won't go anywhere, but it's worth a try.

Bike
    2003 GixaSixa
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limitations can only be learned by exceeding them.

Bike
    2007 Honda 600RR, Gone.R1.GSXR.CB1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Im with State Farm and have been for about 10 years. 30 years old, wife, house, 2 cars and my bike all with full coverage. I owe a little on my car still but own my bike and 4Runner and still carry full coverage on them...... I never turn in anything to insurance unless its huge because it goes up and then you pay for it in the long run anyway. Hell, Ive only used it once in my life and that was for the roof on my house with the huge cock and balls underneath of it (thanks guys )................. but I still carry Full Cov because if any of them get stolen or totaled, Im not out the entire amount Ive "invested". Especially for the little amount it costs every month....... With a family, you cant be caught with your pants down, or maybe thats how I got a family.......

2007 Honda 600RR / Will / CEO

Bike
    '03 SV650S
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use USAA for all my insurance, except for my bike, and that's only because USAA doesn't do bike insurance. I would STRONGLY urge anyone who's in the military, or is a vet to check out USAA! They ROCK, their customer service is amazing, their insurance rates are awesome.
    On the bike I use progressive, through USAA, which saves me money as opposed to going through progressive alone, I also get "credit" for the bike policy with USAA as far as multi-line discounts. Vice versa, progressive counts my homeowners and car policies that are through USAA and gives me a multi-line discount on the bike.
    I carry full coverage on the bike and pay $305 a year if I pay monthly ($25.42/month) but since I pay a year at a clip I pay $282 a year.
    I also avoid making claims against my insurance just to try to avoid the premium hikes that come with claims.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Did I miss the news? When exactly did the world go to hell in a hand basket, and why wasn't I warned?

The doctors said I have A.D.D. supposedly I'm easily dist.........oh look, a shiny thing!

Bike
    RC51
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how much a MSF certificate might save me on my insurance??

Honda RC51-Current
    2007 GSX-R750- Sold
    2002 Honda Shadow 1100- Sold
    2002 Honda CBR954RR- Sold
    1998 Yamaha Yzfr6- Sold
    1993 Kawasaki KX250- up in flames

Bike
    2005 gsxr 600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so the best thing to is keep full cov on everythin u got bc u never know what could b around the nextt bend

Bike
    '15 Aprilia Shiver 750
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just buy older, cheaper bikes, and keep liability only, and fix them when you wreck them since you saved thousands on insurance and the bike itself.
    '82 Yamaha Razz(Wrecked)
    '82 Kawasaki KZ1100(Sold)
    '94 Yamaha FZR600(Wrecked)
    '07 Kawasaki Ninja 650r(Totaled into a semi)
    '94 Honda CBR600F2(Didn't wreck)
    '83 Honda CM450C(Repainted)
    '07 Kawasaki Z1000(Traded)
    '04 Suzuki DRZ400SM(Sold?)
    '07 Honda CBR600RR/CB600R(Wrecked 4x)
    '02 Honda Elite(Stolen)
    '09 Kawasaki KLX351SF(Sold)
    Bike #12: '15 Aprilia Shiver 750
    EJ

Trackday Junkie unpredictable419's Avatar
    Bike
    2015 Yamaha r6 & 2005 SVXR650
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had 4 large cliams on my motorcycles thru Progressive and my full coverage premium of 330 a year has dropped to 220 a year. never raised and always paid me what was due.