Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Pack

"The Pack" is an area of the site for discussing information off of the open forum. It is a usergroup on the site of "known" people. Requirements for being in The Pack are simple:

1. Be known, in real life, attend some events (rides, meet and greets, etc.). You either need to be known by a Moderator/Admin, or have someone that can vouch for you being an "active/known" member.
    2. Have your contact information listed in your profile, including ICE (In Case of Emergency) numbers. Keep it up to date.
    3. Request access via your USERCP/Setting area. On the left go to Group Memberships, Select Join for "The Pack" and give a reason, including who can vouch for you.

It's that simple. If you have your information listed, and everything checks out, you will be approved.

This is NOT a secret club, we can't stress this enough. This is just a Private area for members of The Pack to discuss exact routes of rides, give details about themselves they might not want on the open forum (home addresses for parties, phone numbers, etc), or to have discussions amongst the other "known" members. It's not a badge of honor, it's simply what it is. The other benefit of The Pack, is access to phone numbers of other Pack members and their ICE information. Since this information is NOT shared openly, this is why the information is private, and why you must be "known". The information is NOT sold, and is requested to NOT be used for sales calls, harassment, or anything else other than the general friendly contact and ICE. If someone is using the information for any purpose besides this, they will permanently be banned from the site.

So you can see why access is restricted.

If you need to add your contact information, here are the instructions:

http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com...CE-Information

It's been asked, "If I show up on a ride, can I get in?". Yes and no. It's not something that just is a show up and you are in, it's about being known. If you have registered in the last 30-90 days, you probably won't be accepted in. The information in there isn't something that people want publicly shared, like their number, or address for a party, etc. That's why we say "known" member. Hang out for a while, show you are going to be around for the long term, make sure your own contact information is in your profile, then request access to the pack.
    Last edited by Railing; 04-14-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Vice General for the Democratic People of Korea keg's Avatar
    Bike
    25cc russian communist moped
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this like the "no homer" kinda club? Do we get our own tree house?? Whats our benefits? Do we have financial support from any major corporations? How long can we find out if we are accepted? Do we have to take a crazy test?

You requested to join this group Today at 11:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just tried licking my balls but I kept falling off the couch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No I cannot stress enough that this isn't some exclusive club that has some special benefis. It is simpy an area for those members that have actually met in person where they can speak more freely about stuff that does not need to be said in the public forums. So I expect traffic to be light in that area since there are only a small handfull of things that fit that description.

Bike
    2003 Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so we dont need to have gone on a ride. And thank Kick ive wanted to gvie some people my number but dont want bots getting it. A couple of people know me but i havent been able to get out on a ride with you all yet. It is much appreciated.
    --Kevin
    2003 R6
    1992 POS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you can get in if someone will vouch for you. I also added some things to the opening post that are worth looking at.

Bike
    2003 Yamaha R6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool i did it, marty can vouch for me. Btw kick i tried to send you a pm and you box is full. Just lettin you know.
    --Kevin
    2003 R6
    1992 POS

Vice General for the Democratic People of Korea keg's Avatar
    Bike
    25cc russian communist moped
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im scared to give you guys my # out, gonna cost u a bundle to call me via long distant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Just tried licking my balls but I kept falling off the couch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinH22 View Post
    . . .Btw kick i tried to send you a pm and you box is full. Just lettin you know.
    DOH!!! There it is empty now. My bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I removed the "3 things" from the opening post since after thinking about it, it seems to go against the only real purpose of that area anyway. Which is simply this: If you make a habit of riding with us, it is awful handy to have others phone numbers. So if you ride with us a few times and seem to not to be some creep that just wants to annoy folks, then you're in. But you still need to submit the request. We are not going to just put folks in there without their permission.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 06-15-2007 at 05:42 AM.

Trackday Junkie unpredictable419's Avatar
    Bike
    2015 Yamaha r6 & 2005 SVXR650
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i applied to the pack, now lets see ifin they let me in. i am very creepy but nothing compared samsnon.