PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while...

B Rizzle
02-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm not around here much to begin with, but I stop in a check the boards from time to time...

I was recently (October) involved in a serious accident. My accident was very similar to our fellow rider who's support thread is up on the home page. My prayers are with him and his family.

On my way home from school a 70 year old lady in a Camry pulled out in front of/into me... I sustained pretty serious internal injuries, spent three weeks in the hospital (4days in ICU.) Thankfully I have recovered almost fully since then, and as soon as I could I got a new bike:
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v183/100/117/38305485/n38305485_32955211_7045.jpg

Ride safe everyone....

munky
02-23-2008, 12:21 PM
nice bike....and....uh...thanks for the link. i think.

Rex
02-23-2008, 12:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you're okay.

Ya, we've more than heard about Scott's site. When it first came up all of his stickies were copied and pasted from here. After some serious "discussion" he changed them. We wish the dude luck with his forum and all, but we have to take offense when plagiarism comes into play and the language he used when we approached him over email.

I'd go into it more but you can just go HERE (http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3495) instead. :wink:

*Edit* after a short staff meeting we've decided to remove the link and not allow any association with that particular forum. Not just because of the spamming, but we refuse to associate with anyone claiming to be a police officer when they're not. If anyone wants to prove this previous claim on their own then by all means, ask Scott for his badge #. He'll refuse to give it to you which is against Federal law in the state of Kentucky. We've gone round and round with this guy.

Other local, more creditable sites, like Wildcatriders or so on we're more than happy to link to.

munky
02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Sorry to hear about your accident and glad you're okay.

Ya, we've more than heard about Scott's site. When it first came up all of his stickies were copied and pasted from here. After some serious "discussion" he changed them. We wish the dude luck with his forum and all, but we have to take offense when plagiarism comes into play and the language he used when we approached him over email.

I'd go into it more but you can just go HERE (http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3495) instead. :wink:

hence me saying "i think"

keg
02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
:cannon: old people driving

.Cheetah.
02-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Glad to hear you jumped back on the horse.... Its got to be tough after an incident like that.....:proof: :ayyy:

97nismo
02-23-2008, 01:28 PM
glad to hear you made it out ok, good looking monster.

brown1000
02-23-2008, 01:30 PM
Glad you pulled thru ok... nice bike.

B Rizzle
02-23-2008, 01:42 PM
:cannon: old people driving

+1 to that!

My apologies.. I hadn't heard of all the stupidness going on :rollseyes:

I was told about 'the place not to be mentioned' from a PJ at PJ's parts... Aside from the :bs1: he runs his business well... (Am I allowed to mention him? lol)

I would also like to let others know that I am currently in contact with Ducati, trying to start an official Ducati Owners Group for KY, since we dont have one. I am going to try to network Louisville, Lex, and NKY/Cinci area. Details on that will come later though.

On a different note... SCREW THIS WEATHER! :banghead:

EWS
02-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm glad that you made it through alive and are doing better. How close to 100% are you?

B Rizzle
02-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Physically I can pretty much say that I am 100%. However, I will never again have full use of my kidney. I had lacerations to my kidney, my liver, and my ureter tore open leaking urine into my stomach... They later discovered an aneurysm in my kidney, which they were able to fix... A time of hell, but I am very thankful everything worked out how it did.

munky
02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Physically I can pretty much say that I am 100%. However, I will never again have full use of my kidney. I had lacerations to my kidney, my liver, and my ureter tore open leaking urine into my stomach... They later discovered an aneurysm in my kidney, which they were able to fix... A time of hell, but I am very thankful everything worked out how it did.

holy fuggin wow, brother! glad you're back!

95katrider
02-23-2008, 05:28 PM
damn thats a nice monster, wish i had the money for a new bike

Hoosier
02-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Dude....we're so sorry that we didn't give you the support that you deserved in your time of need.

But we ARE glad that you're with us now.

Glad to hear that you are at 100% and looking forward to going on some group rides with you.

spoolin7
02-23-2008, 06:45 PM
sorry to hear about that bad times, but a good recovery is always nice to hear about. sweet bike ya got there too! make sure to come out with us

hapster
02-23-2008, 06:51 PM
Glad you are recovering and. . . ? ? ? I missed something somewhere. :dontknow:

B Rizzle
02-23-2008, 07:31 PM
Dude....we're so sorry that we didn't give you the support that you deserved in your time of need.

But we ARE glad that you're with us now.

Glad to hear that you are at 100% and looking forward to going on some group rides with you.

Dont sweat it man... Me and my 10 whole (11 now?) posts werent too well known... I'm glad that everything worked out how it did in the end... It sucked yes, but being able to get back on my feet and on a bike was awesome... Lookin' forward to some group rides when the weather gets better!

Railing
02-23-2008, 08:42 PM
I agree with Hoosier, wished we could have been there to help where we could and sent you the "get well energy" that is needed. We all hate to see/hear about a fellow rider getting injured. Glad the spirits are high for you and that you have a new (beautiful, I want one) toy to ride.

Looking forward to meeting you in person and seeing you and the bike on a ride with us.

jamesf30
02-23-2008, 09:58 PM
WELCOME BACK

Hoosier
02-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Sorry about the get-off man, but it's always good to hear about a fellow rider "bouncing back" :thumbsup:

Fender
02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Glad your ok. Nice bike!

nikg
02-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Glad your ok. Nice bike!

:iagree:

EWS
02-24-2008, 11:01 PM
If your only long term injuries are partial use of a kidney, after all that was wrong with you, I think you came out quite well. Glad you're back to 100%.