PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys....and ladies...

suzanne
12-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Where to start, where to start. So, in 20 days I will be moving back to Kentucky. I am from Owensboro, moved to Austin, Texas, and then came to Phoenix to attend MMI. Graduating on January 12th, I have a job waiting on me in Louisville at the BMW dealership. So I guess it's back home for me. Almost. After having to ride atleast 100 miles in a straight line to get to anything beautiful and twisty, I look forward to the beautiful roads in KY I grew up knowing. I stumbled across a link for this forum when I was on the SVRiders forum this morning. I ride a '99'04 SuziKaw SV650. The franken bike. I have put the '04 ZX6R front end on her, hinch her name. I also have a 1972 250 single cylinder Ducati that I am working out charging and fuel issues on. Anyway, I just wanted to stop in, say hi, and I really can't wait to get back there.

97nismo
12-29-2006, 09:50 PM
:welcome: Welcome to the site.

MissAngelKY
12-29-2006, 09:50 PM
:hello-big:
Suzanne and :welcome: to the forum. Good to see more ladies joining up!

suzanne
12-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Thanks guys.

spoolin7
12-30-2006, 12:05 AM
welcome back

ashcroft
12-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome back to louisville

hapster
12-30-2006, 02:05 AM
:welcome: to the site and back to Kentucky.

Hoosier
12-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Sooo, you're going to be going from Arizona's climate to good ol' Ohio Valley crap ehh (read: allergy central)? Can't say that I blame yah though, I'd go stur crazy without a good seat of twisties in my backyard.

:welcome: to the board. Hopefully you can join up on one of our rides when you get back :ayyy:

suzanne
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
I will have to admit, I am going to miss riding year round here. I am actually gearing up to ride to work now. I will not miss the stupid people here, or the brown. I will miss all my friends and Cycle Gear, I will miss HWY 191 and 260 and SRC Run, but really, I have this place. My kids have developed asthma(?). I will miss the few places that I frequent often. I will miss the openess of things here and the non reaction from everyone. But I won't miss AZ, and when I am done coming back here every other month till June, then I won't be seeing this place every again. YAY! That makes me really happy.

Rex
12-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Welcome ot the site Suzanne. Hope your drive up here's safe.

You're not S_u_Z_a_N_n_E from SVRider are you?

Hoosier
12-30-2006, 11:16 AM
. . .My kids have developed asthma(?). . . .

While in Arizona?? Man . . . our son has it, and it's pretty much related to allergy problems that the Ohio Valley is so famous for. Sorry to hear your kids have developed it. Hopefully it isn't that bad though. Kind of like my boy.

suzanne
12-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Welcome ot the site Suzanne. Hope your drive up here's safe.

You're not S_u_Z_a_N_n_E from SVRider are you?

of course. I got the link from your sig there.

Rex
12-30-2006, 08:47 PM
of course. I got the link from your sig there.

Kewl, that's how we got EWS too (who's in Afganistan for 6 months though) :ayyy:

Again welcome to Louisville (well, soon anyway :lol:)

spoolin7
12-31-2006, 01:46 AM
I will miss all my friends and Cycle Gear

for what it's worth, a cycle gear just opened up in louisville within the past month :)

and i always heard that arizona had some really nice curves to ride?

hapster
12-31-2006, 03:18 AM
...and i always heard that arizona had some really nice curves to ride?

I think she mentioned at the start of the thread that she had to ride like a 100 miles to get to 'em from where she lives. That would suck if you only wanted to get out for a short ride.

suzanne
12-31-2006, 11:10 AM
Atleast 100 miles away. But once you find them they are beautiful. HWY 191 in eastern az makes Deals Gap look week. It literally takes three hours to get from one end to the other and it is only about 90 miles long. By the time you get done with it, your shoulders are burning, your back hurts, and your hands want their color back. It's not one you want to do twice in a weekend. Now the Salt River Canyon run is about an hour away, and you can probablly get in 10 passes in a day. It has very fast sweeping corners. The cops stay out of the canyon, but they are waiting right there at the end of it. Getting there at about 6 or 7 am is perfect. You can get in 5 passes and be happy for the rest of the week living in hell, i mean Phoenix. SRC will definetly be missed. I think I will take my chances and hit it again before I leave. The race tracks here suck. They are poorly maintained, have sand in the corners, the tracks are real bumpy and one of the tracks runs through the parking lot. If I didn't know the girl who runs it, and she didn't give me a free track day, then my bike would have never been on it. No one here knows any different though, they think these tracks are perfect! yeah, ok. The Beeline HWY is also fun, it runs from Scottsdale to Peyson. Even when a hail storm hits you 10 miles out, it's fun. From there you can hit 260 and head to Flagstaff, Showlow and Pinetop or you can head west. For 5 weekends in a row I did 500 to 1000 mile weekends in all those areas. Once with 15 SV and a few I4's. Good times. But the thought of rolling out of my driveway and hitting twisties right then is so much better!!!