PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Ridenaked
04-18-2012, 12:28 AM
Got to meet a few of the folks down at R&D today while fitting the zed with some fresh sportmax q2's as per Dennis' recommendation (front and rear). Not going to push them to hard till i get some more miles on them but you have to love that feeling of fresh tires, crisp predictable turn-in :eyebrows:. Thanks again for the quick service even on your first workday back from deals gap.

Gixxer-Jon
04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Got to meet a few of the folks down at R&D today while fitting the zed with some fresh sportmax q2's as per Dennis' recommendation (front and rear). Not going to push them to hard till i get some more miles on them but you have to love that feeling of fresh tires, crisp predictable turn-in :eyebrows:. Thanks again for the quick service even on your first workday back from deals gap.

Those tires don't need much in the way of break in. I broke mine in this weekend at Deal's Gap. They had 7 miles on them when I hit the Dragon the first time Saturday. never skipped a beat. You can put Q2's on and take them directly on the track...hardly any break in. Mine have 400 miles on them now, and will probably be about done after Saturday. 1 set of tires, 1 week. That's a record for me. Hoping they last longer, but I heard track days rip em up.

StuntJunkie
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
My Q2's have roughly 1500 miles on them and still have plenty of tread left. No break in time required, they stick good right off the shelf.

no0ne
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I had a set on my old F2 at the track, then street and commuting use for a few thousand mikes and they held up very well til I sold the bike. Didn't flat spot as quick as I was expecting.

.Cheetah.
04-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Those tires don't need much in the way of break in. I broke mine in this weekend at Deal's Gap. They had 7 miles on them when I hit the Dragon the first time Saturday. never skipped a beat. You can put Q2's on and take them directly on the track...hardly any break in. Mine have 400 miles on them now, and will probably be about done after Saturday. 1 set of tires, 1 week. That's a record for me. Hoping they last longer, but I heard track days rip em up.

Are you leaving darkies out of every turn? :lol: No way those are done in a week..... I have a Barber day and a Putnam day with around 1500 miles on the street and still have plenty left on mine to go to the Gap.

WorldLeader
04-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Mine have 400 miles on them now, and will probably be about done after Saturday. 1 set of tires, 1 week. That's a record for me. Hoping they last longer, but I heard track days rip em up.

:crackup:

Slimer
04-18-2012, 03:04 PM
1st trip to the gap and he is NICKY HAYDEN damn it, :crackup:

i was thinking the same thing, mine have a trackday and some street miles on them and i plan on them going 2 trips to the gap this year before they are done.....and i actually drag knee at the gap :rockon:

Gixxer-Jon
04-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh that's great to hear. I was told not to expect them to last long cause of the track. Who is Nicky Hayden?

KEV
04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Who is Nicky Hayden?

:err: Yer joking right?

http://www.nickyhayden.com/ :proof:

no0ne
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Trolololol

Slimer
04-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Oh that's great to hear. I was told not to expect them to last long cause of the track. Who is Nicky Hayden?

No, ur right, they're done after that trip to the gap. Can i has them when you get your new ones put on.

StuntJunkie
04-18-2012, 08:14 PM
No, ur right, they're done after that trip to the gap. Can i has them when you get your new ones put on.

Yeah, you'll need new ones for the track, then you'll need to scrap those after one track day. I'll dispose of them for you when you get back.

donkey
04-18-2012, 10:59 PM
[QUOTE=.Cheetah.;461150]Are you leaving darkies out of every turn? yep and it was fun toooo

retrorabbit
04-18-2012, 11:01 PM
[QOUTE=.Cheetah.;461150]Are you leaving darkies out of every turn? yes i am

Quoting fail. :banghead:

donkey
04-18-2012, 11:05 PM
:nutkick:
Quoting fail. :banghead:

ASM
04-18-2012, 11:33 PM
....and i actually drag knee at the gap :rockon:

Pffttt....darn squids.... :errhello:

Ridenaked
06-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Bringing this back up - are you guys open on Monday's for the summer now?

Sherry
06-03-2012, 10:50 PM
He's closed on Monday's.

Ridenaked
06-04-2012, 01:17 AM
He's closed on Monday's.

Yeah that's what I thought, but read the sticky about contact info and saw something about summer hours - such is life, always get a nail in the tire then have to sit and look at it for a couple of days.

Ridenaked
06-05-2012, 10:30 PM
Annnnd thanks again to the crew @ R & D. All patched up and good to go - great service/fair prices along with some interesting life lessons if you sit around for more than 5 minutes.

.Cheetah.
06-06-2012, 01:07 PM
The guys got me fixed up yesterday!! :rockon:

Dennis, even went out of his way to find a tire and go pick it up that didnt make it in. Thats a good friend.

Ridenaked
06-06-2012, 05:13 PM
The guys got me fixed up yesterday!! :rockon:

Dennis, even went out of his way to find a tire and go pick it up that didnt make it in. Thats a good friend.

Yep based on my experiences with them I won't hesitate to recommend them to anyone who asks me about motorcycle parts/work/etc. Not that they need any help from me getting more business, that fucking phone doesn't stop ringing there.

.Cheetah.
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM
Plus John is a dick.....:lol: Their good guys and its nice that Denis just wants to ride...... Pretty cool to call a guy like that a friend.