07-13-2007, 01:20 PM
what up

Sherry
07-13-2007, 01:35 PM
hi!!! :)

techbum
07-13-2007, 03:17 PM
:wave2:

Thanks for the welcome. I was in S & S yesterday (old Wheels for Fun) and was told of this website. After reading a few threads, I decided that this must be a pretty good group of riders. Glad to see that most are mature enough to know the dangers of riding. So many out there are not.

A little about myself......... I'm probably one of the oldest members (age wise), retired with plenty of riding time on my hands. Though not a corner slicer due to my slowed reflexes and perception, I do alright. If I didn't, I'd be on a Harley. hehehe

Love the twisties!

I'd also like to get together with you folks sometime and spend some seat time. Yes, there are many fine roads close to Louisville but I'm a Smoky Mountains lover. I go as often as I can and not just to the Dragon. As anyone who has spent time there knows, there are some truly awesome highways all around there. In fact, I'm trying to get some people interested in going August 24-26th. Just a 3 day jaunt. The lady riders on here ought to enjoy that weekend too as the 2nd Annual Womens Sportbike Rally will be going on in Fontana Village.

Sorry....... I started rambling and got off task.

Thanks again for the welcome and I hope to meet ya'll soon.
Keep the rubber side down and enjoy another day!

Railing
07-13-2007, 03:32 PM
:wave2:

Thanks for the welcome. I was in S & S yesterday (old Wheels for Fun) and was told of this website. After reading a few threads, I decided that this must be a pretty good group of riders. Glad to see that most are mature enough to know the dangers of riding. So many out there are not.

A little about myself......... I'm probably one of the oldest members (age wise), retired with plenty of riding time on my hands. Though not a corner slicer due to my slowed reflexes and perception, I do alright. If I didn't, I'd be on a Harley. hehehe

Love the twisties!

I'd also like to get together with you folks sometime and spend some seat time. Yes, there are many fine roads close to Louisville but I'm a Smoky Mountains lover. I go as often as I can and not just to the Dragon. As anyone who has spent time there knows, there are some truly awesome highways all around there. In fact, I'm trying to get some people interested in going August 24-26th. Just a 3 day jaunt. The lady riders on here ought to enjoy that weekend too as the 2nd Annual Womens Sportbike Rally will be going on in Fontana Village.

Sorry....... I started rambling and got off task.

Thanks again for the welcome and I hope to meet ya'll soon.
Keep the rubber side down and enjoy another day!

Welcome welcom, sounds truly great, what are you riding? We have a ride on Sunday we are taking and for more information about it, check out this thread. We would love to see you come out. If you can't make it this weekend, we go just about every weekend and you just need to look in the Rides section.

http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386

All different types of riders, those with lots of experience and those new to the sport (like me).

Hope to see you there.

keg
07-13-2007, 03:35 PM
welcome to the site.. i dont know about your age, but Cowasakee is pretty damn old.. like ancient old..

Hoosier
07-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome, glad to have you.

techbum
07-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Not a true sportbike to you folks.......... but I ride an 03' Busa

Krash
07-13-2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome, I just found the site yesterday basically.

the trip down to the smokies is interesting, I dont think I can make it, it is my little boys 1st birthday. probably shouldnt miss that one.

CozyE and "the wife" have mentioned that. she has been thinking about going down for the womens rally.

Railing
07-13-2007, 04:33 PM
In fact, I'm trying to get some people interested in going August 24-26th. Just a 3 day jaunt.

I might think about that...

.Cheetah.
07-13-2007, 05:00 PM
welcome to the site.. i dont know about your age, but Cowasakee is pretty damn old.. like ancient old..

Oh oooo, :hitsfan:

bovine
07-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Welcome, now we can have our own old guy sub-group!:eyebrows:

(not yet retired, but not working all that hard either)

techbum
07-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey ............ gotta stay young somehow.
Met a guy once who was 73 and riding a Busa. Said it's the best "over the counter tranquilizer he knew of ".

monteagle
07-13-2007, 06:51 PM
dont know about the rest of the guys but a busa is a sport bike to me i ride the v-strom 1000

oh yea welcome to the site

Hoosier
07-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Man, if the Busa isn't a sportbike, then that means a lot of other bikes on here are even further from being a sportbike. I figure, if it's designed for doing more than looking good in a parking lot and in poker runs. Chances are it's a sportbike.

Also, I'm not sure how old you are, but I know we have a couple three members here in their 50's already, and they have no issue having a great time with us on rides :ayyy:

:welcome: to the site!

Carl Buck
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
CozyE and "the wife" have mentioned that. she has been thinking about going down for the womens rally.

Remind me when I see you tomorrow to find something sharp, turn it sideways and well.....you know the rest:Whdatk: :shakebum:

Yes, we have been thinking about going down for the women's rally, but I don't know if I am ready for the dragon.

Carl Buck
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the site, Techbum!

97nismo
07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
:welcome:

cowasockee
07-13-2007, 08:26 PM

I KNOW where you live...ok I forgot...but I'll remember one these days dammit!

cowasockee
07-13-2007, 08:29 PM
And how are you? At 41 the rug rats around here call me papaw! Younguns...I swear. We've gotten a few older ones here lately though. I believe Iam is near my age. Hapster is almost there.

Carl Buck
07-13-2007, 08:31 PM
And how are you? At 41 the rug rats around here call me papaw! Younguns...I swear. We've gotten a few older ones here lately though. I believe Iam is near my age. Hapster is almost there.

my oldass husband ain't far behind.:cane:

spoolin7
07-13-2007, 08:45 PM
age is only in your mind. i think everyone turns into a little kid when they look at their bikes

Iam
07-13-2007, 09:21 PM

Yep...near...I will be 39 in September. But, with my bum groin, I feel about 65 when I try to hang off now. :lol:

Anyways, welcome techbum! :wink:

hapster
07-14-2007, 12:52 AM
:welcome:

(And your avatar's giving me a headache. :lol:)

KevinH22
07-14-2007, 03:00 AM
hey man i was the one at the parts counter that told you about us, along with patrick. Your the one with the silver Busa right. Welcome to the site man, this is a great group of guys and girls you will feel at home i promise you that.

techbum
07-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Kev......... that be me......