PDA

View Full Version : The Pack

Hoosier
06-12-2007, 10:55 PM
"The Pack" is an area of the site for discussing information off of the open forum. It is a usergroup on the site of "known" people. Requirements for being in The Pack are simple:

1. Be known, in real life, attend some events (rides, meet and greets, etc.). You either need to be known by a Moderator/Admin, or have someone that can vouch for you being an "active/known" member.
2. Have your contact information listed in your profile, including ICE (In Case of Emergency) numbers. Keep it up to date.
3. Request access via your USERCP/Setting area. On the left go to Group Memberships, Select Join for "The Pack" and give a reason, including who can vouch for you.

It's that simple. If you have your information listed, and everything checks out, you will be approved.

This is NOT a secret club, we can't stress this enough. This is just a Private area for members of The Pack to discuss exact routes of rides, give details about themselves they might not want on the open forum (home addresses for parties, phone numbers, etc), or to have discussions amongst the other "known" members. It's not a badge of honor, it's simply what it is. The other benefit of The Pack, is access to phone numbers of other Pack members and their ICE information. Since this information is NOT shared openly, this is why the information is private, and why you must be "known". The information is NOT sold, and is requested to NOT be used for sales calls, harassment, or anything else other than the general friendly contact and ICE. If someone is using the information for any purpose besides this, they will permanently be banned from the site.

So you can see why access is restricted.

If you need to add your contact information, here are the instructions:

http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/15994-Contact-ICE-Information

It's been asked, "If I show up on a ride, can I get in?". Yes and no. It's not something that just is a show up and you are in, it's about being known. If you have registered in the last 30-90 days, you probably won't be accepted in. The information in there isn't something that people want publicly shared, like their number, or address for a party, etc. That's why we say "known" member. Hang out for a while, show you are going to be around for the long term, make sure your own contact information is in your profile, then request access to the pack.

keg
06-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Is this like the "no homer" kinda club? Do we get our own tree house?? Whats our benefits? Do we have financial support from any major corporations? How long can we find out if we are accepted? Do we have to take a crazy test?

You requested to join this group Today at 11:18 PM

Hoosier
06-13-2007, 01:41 AM
No I cannot stress enough that this isn't some exclusive club that has some special benefis. It is simpy an area for those members that have actually met in person where they can speak more freely about stuff that does not need to be said in the public forums. So I expect traffic to be light in that area since there are only a small handfull of things that fit that description.

KevinH22
06-13-2007, 02:49 AM
so we dont need to have gone on a ride. And thank Kick ive wanted to gvie some people my number but dont want bots getting it. A couple of people know me but i havent been able to get out on a ride with you all yet. It is much appreciated.

Hoosier
06-13-2007, 03:01 AM
Yeah you can get in if someone will vouch for you. I also added some things to the opening post that are worth looking at.

KevinH22
06-13-2007, 03:08 AM
cool i did it, marty can vouch for me. Btw kick i tried to send you a pm and you box is full. Just lettin you know.

keg
06-13-2007, 03:09 AM
Im scared to give you guys my # out, gonna cost u a bundle to call me via long distant.

Hoosier
06-13-2007, 04:18 AM
. . .Btw kick i tried to send you a pm and you box is full. Just lettin you know.

DOH!!! There it is empty now. My bad.

Hoosier
06-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Update: I removed the "3 things" from the opening post since after thinking about it, it seems to go against the only real purpose of that area anyway. Which is simply this: If you make a habit of riding with us, it is awful handy to have others phone numbers. So if you ride with us a few times and seem to not to be some creep that just wants to annoy folks, then you're in. But you still need to submit the request. We are not going to just put folks in there without their permission.

unpredictable419
03-13-2008, 10:09 PM
i applied to the pack, now lets see ifin they let me in. i am very creepy but nothing compared samsnon.:icon_twisted:

keg
03-13-2008, 11:24 PM
i applied to the pack, now lets see ifin they let me in. i am very creepy but nothing compared samsnon.:icon_twisted:

I already have hidden camera's at your house.:lol:

unpredictable419
03-14-2008, 12:15 AM
I already have hidden camera's at your house.:lol:

you actually had enough gas to get here:shakebum:

Hoosier
03-14-2008, 10:28 AM

The biggest requirement is just that you've been to either a ride or some other site based get-together. Remember, it's not a "special club area" or nothing. It's just that since we have folks personal info in there, we have to be SURE of who we let in there.

So have you been to any of our little events yet?

Tragic
03-14-2008, 01:06 PM

http://www.louisville-sportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3732&page=22

I saw him there, but I'm sure there's more-established members who can vouch for us.:thumbsup:

Hoosier
03-14-2008, 04:36 PM
The biggest requirement is just that you've been to either a ride or some other site based get-together. Remember, it's not a "special club area" or nothing. It's just that since we have folks personal info in there, we have to be SURE of who we let in there.

It's for reasons like if you were to use that information for your own personal benefit to sell people stuff like.......idda know....uhhhh......insurance or something like that, it would be frowned upon. You know. wave2:

unpredictable419
03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I have been out on one ride and met with everyone at rooster's. and plan on doing many more rides with you all. i like the fact that as a group you all wear gear and frown upon the ones that dont wear at least a helmet. the few times i have been around you guys its been a blast.

vertical954rr
05-24-2008, 01:45 PM
ahh wondering what this place was.. this must be where you sign up for toilet cams to be installed?? haha

Tragic
05-24-2008, 05:16 PM
ahh wondering what this place was.. this must be where you sign up for toilet cams to be installed?? haha

I have 3.:eyebrows:

Phoenix
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
ok peeps, I have been here 2 months short of a year, I have been on numerious rides & I am a little over 4000 posts. Can I join the Pack? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese?

nikg
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
send a request silly! your wifes been in the pack for a long time! :lol:

{Morbid}
10-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Can I join the Pack? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese?

I vote no. This guy seems kinda creepy....almost in a perverted way :eek: I think he just wants in to see what kind of phone numbers he can aquire :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:wave2:

:jk: Scott......what took ya so long? :lol:

keg
10-21-2008, 10:48 PM
he just wants to post some stuff where chris hansen cant see

Frye
10-21-2008, 11:05 PM
ok peeps, I have been here 2 months short of a year, I have been on numerious rides & I am a little over 4000 posts. Can I join the Pack? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese?

no.

greg

Ryan502
10-21-2008, 11:09 PM
lmao Morbid

no0ne
10-21-2008, 11:18 PM
I applied, got turned down :err::banghead:

keg
10-21-2008, 11:19 PM
I applied, got turned down :err::banghead:

thats cuz you tried to take a few of us out with your "oil" leak

hapster
10-21-2008, 11:20 PM

Just go to UserCP, scroll down and click Group Memberships. Then click the radio button for "Join this group". It has to be approved, so you might also send a pm to Kick or one of the mods.

no0ne
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
thats cuz you tried to take a few of us out with your "oil" leak
You always catch on so fast.. Now I get to try and ignite you all with my gas leak.

keg
10-21-2008, 11:46 PM
You always catch on so fast.. Now I get to try and ignite you all with my gas leak.

your bike isnt fast enough to catch up :proof:

no0ne
10-21-2008, 11:57 PM
your bike isnt fast enough to catch up :proof:
Which one?
You gotta stop some where...

Tragic
10-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Which one?
You gotta stop some where...

I had a Seca 600 as my first bike, post up pics...

/threadjack

Hoosier
10-22-2008, 04:21 AM
If anybody gets turned down, don't take it personal. It's just the staffer reviewing the submit requests at that time may of not been sure about you. Just remember, it is ONLY an area for members to post personal contact info about and have a pretty good feeling that those that can see it won't use it for all the wrong reasons. That is the only reason we require you either get vouched for, or have been out on a few group rides or events.

So if anybody feels they have been wrongly denied, post up here with who can vouch for you or whatnot, and if they do we'll get yah in :ayyy:

xcellent1
10-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Question.....Is it memebers or mods that need to be able to vouch for you? I think the only mod I have met is .cheetah (I think he's a mod...).

hapster
10-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I think the only mod I have met is .cheetah (I think he's a mod...).

Sorry to hear that. Don't worry, though, we won't hold it against you that you had to meet Will. Happens to the best of us. :lol:

xcellent1
10-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Sorry to hear that. Don't worry, though, we won't hold it against you that you had to meet Will. Happens to the best of us. :lol:

Thanks...I am hoping it gets better....cowasakee, then .cheetah...makes you think they will let anyone into the group. :proof:

j/k Sam's been great and Will seemed pretty cool as well

MissBlondie
10-22-2008, 09:58 AM
hey.... now that i have a bike..... does that mean i get to be in the pack too :eyebrows: :lol:

EWS
10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
The pack is mainly for contact info amongst longer-standing active members. If you're let in post up your contact info (you may (or may not) recieve a courtesy PM from whoever approves you) promptly or you'll be taken out of it. It is nothing personal if your not let in or removed. It is kind of like doctor, I'll show you mine, if you so me yours, as long as we know you, you're not a creep, and have been around for a while.

MissBlondie
10-22-2008, 10:04 AM
i know i was just joking :lol: i was joking with smartee about that a couple days ago.... thought itd be funny....

Hoosier
10-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Question.....Is it memebers or mods that need to be able to vouch for you? I think the only mod I have met is .cheetah (I think he's a mod...).

Just about any long-standing active member can vouch for you.

nikg
11-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I went to post up my info & im no longer in it. I havent been on a home computer in a while & the black berry doesnt let me navigate too much. Can I get back in? :lol:

EWS
11-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Taken care of.

nikg
11-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks a million!

ChrisV
11-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I just signed on, can I get in?

.Cheetah.
11-05-2008, 09:53 AM
I just signed on, can I get in?

Gotcha Chris......

Brutalrr
11-05-2008, 12:31 PM
bunch of elitists...

:whistle:

keg
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
bunch of elitists...

:whistle:

LET DOUGH IN!! LET DOUGH IN!!

xcellent1
11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
It might be a good idea to put a list together of those members that have trucks/ramps/straps and are willing to go and get a bike that has broke down/wrecked if they are available at the necessary time.

Just a thought

cowasockee
11-07-2008, 01:47 PM
It might be a good idea to put a list together of those members that have trucks/ramps/straps and are willing to go and get a bike that has broke down/wrecked if they are available at the necessary time.

Just a thought
I was thinking this very thing the other day...along with areas of town that you live in and are willing to cover.

Tragic
11-07-2008, 01:53 PM

Just a thought

I was thinking this very thing the other day...along with areas of town that you live in and are willing to cover.

Good idea! Availability would also be wise to mention.

.Cheetah.
11-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Or we could just not wreck......:wave2:

Tragic
11-07-2008, 02:45 PM

Do whaaaaaaa--??:err:

Safety nets for all crashers!!:rockon:

xcellent1
11-07-2008, 03:11 PM

Dig it!

But what about those that "occasionally breakdown"...you know who you are!!!

EWS
11-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Dig it!

But what about those that "occasionally breakdown"...you know who you are!!!
lsbks towing insurance and $199 a year :proof:

Rainemaker
05-20-2009, 03:41 AM
Requesting access to the Pack

cynyc
05-20-2009, 08:06 AM
In Corydon, looking for access to the pack.

slim
05-20-2009, 08:10 AM

xcellent1
05-20-2009, 08:15 AM
There goes the neighborhood!

.Cheetah.
05-20-2009, 10:44 AM

In Corydon, looking for access to the pack.

Gotcha guys......:wink:

JMFB
05-20-2009, 10:48 AM
You just gonna let all that riffraff into the pack? I had to do sexual favors to get in. :headshake:

MissBlondie
05-20-2009, 06:23 PM
You just gonna let all that riffraff into the pack? I had to do sexual favors to get in. :headshake:

:eek: <-----!!!! ---->:lol:

cynyc
05-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Gotcha guys......:wink:

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k288/zeke29/Dio-INT.jpg

no0ne
06-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Can I get an approval? After all the stripping I did for Will :lol:

GPtuners
10-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Get me in. :)

As much as you all do the F-Loop, it will be good to have someone close. (I live 5 minutes from the the Shell/BP stop in Frankfort.)

.Cheetah.
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
PMs sent. :wink:

brown1000
09-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Aight info updated!! Let me back in!

Railing
09-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Aight info updated!! Let me back in!

Added you back in, for anyone else that is requesting access, please read the first post. You need to request access. If you are a "known" person, and have your contact information listed, it will be approved...

brown1000
09-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Added you back in, for anyone else that is requesting access, please read the first post. You need to request access. If you are a "known" person, and have your contact information listed, it will be approved...

Thank you sir!! Yeah what ^^^ said!!

Railing
09-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Updated the first post with more information, and instructions...

bkrtim
04-14-2011, 12:44 AM
Finally made a ride. Balbers can vouch (Railing too!) Can I get in now?

kylecivicsi
04-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Finally made a ride. Balbers can vouch (Railing too!) Can I get in now?

This.

Railing
04-14-2011, 09:19 AM

There are quite a few people who requested access and don't have their information updated in their profile. It's not some elitist club, but you won't get in without having your personal information in your profile (phone number, real name, ICE information). Refer to the first post for more information. Also if you joined in the past 30-60 days, just hang out a while longer. It's about becoming a "known" member, not just getting "known" by a few people. You have access to everyone's contact information being in the Pack, and well, many don't want "everyone" have access, so be known, hang out, show you are sticking around for the long haul and once you have done that, your request will be granted.

Hoosier
04-14-2011, 10:06 AM
......and you have to learn the secrete hand shake.

Railing
04-14-2011, 10:09 AM

Just because you want to tea bag someone, doesn't mean you have to make it the official handshake... :badteeth:

Doc
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
There are quite a few people who requested access and don't have their information updated in their profile. It's not some elitist club, but you won't get in without having your personal information in your profile (phone number, real name, ICE information). Refer to the first post for more information. Also if you joined in the past 30-60 days, just hang out a while longer. It's about becoming a "known" member, not just getting "known" by a few people. You have access to everyone's contact information being in the Pack, and well, many don't want "everyone" have access, so be known, hang out, show you are sticking around for the long haul and once you have done that, your request will be granted.

:iagree:

kylecivicsi
04-14-2011, 12:58 PM

What he doesn't tell you is that the 'secret handshake' is mostly just a reach around. He doesn't even snuggle afterwards.

RCEEZY
04-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Obligatory post:

GAY.

Danhor7
04-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Bwahahahahaha......